Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

scarbouro wrote: »
    Holles St told me today that you can book in directly online. I've never heard of this, maybe it's a new thing?! I thought I'd have to go to my gp first and go from there. Totally understand about wanting some symptoms. If I have too many symptoms I worry, if I have none I worry!
    I rang my hospital (CUMH) I can't book in directly, have to go through the GP. Bit of a pain really, last pregnancy I don't think they even did a pregnancy test in the GP! Just took my word for it! Seems a waste of time and resources to have to go through the GP first.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Delighted to hear all is going well Scarbouro! I'm the same with nausea.. its pretty much all day every day at this point.

Re booking - not sure about all hospitals, but you can certainly book online for Holles St. My GP didn't even confirm my pregnancy.. just took my word for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

When did ye go to GP to confirm pregnancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

When did ye go to GP to confirm pregnancy?

Great to see a fellow Sept 2014 mama!

I'm not going til tomorrow, I'm 6+3.

• Advertisement

This is my 3rd pregnancy ,I just seem to forget everything!!

Ladies, I know it's ways off, but how do you go about telling people in work? Last time I had to keep walking out of meetings to get sick so I told my managers early at 8 weeks and the girls on my team figured out shortly after that when I was 10 weeks.

So far I'm only feeling a bit sick in the morning so hopefully it stays that way and I can announce after the scan. But what do you do? Do you tell managers first? Teammates? Just announce to everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Hi ladies,
    I had my baby in July just gone so when I saw this thread I thought I'd have a peek and relive the early pregnancy days a bit lol!
    If there's a Coombe choice is go with it as if you are in labour you can just dump the car with security and they'll park it for you!
    Also I can't recommend the Gentle Birth prenatal course enough. My first birth didn't go the best but after this course I was so confident and calm and so was my husband. There's also a great gentlebirth Mums Facebook groups where people share their birth stories and ask questions.
    I remember it being so hard top keep things secret till Xmas! Best of luck ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orangetaster85

Hi ladies,
    I had my baby in July just gone so when I saw this thread I thought I'd have a peek and relive the early pregnancy days a bit lol!
    If there's a Coombe choice is go with it as if you are in labour you can just dump the car with security and they'll park it for you!
    Also I can't recommend the Gentle Birth prenatal course enough. My first birth didn't go the best but after this course I was so confident and calm and so was my husband. There's also a great gentlebirth Mums Facebook groups where people share their birth stories and ask questions.
    I remember it being so hard top keep things secret till Xmas! Best of luck ladies!

Thank you d_d !! I'm attending the coombe. I don't even know where it is ! I'll find it I'm sure. Going for an early scan soon just to be sure. I've had hardly any symptoms so I'm a bit concerned. Thank god it's winter! Baggy jumpers all round !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Im going in two weeks after i leave my job cos i just dont have any time off til then to do it

• Advertisement

I just picked up those acu straps to help with the nausea. Really hope they work! It's all day every day at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

I have booked a private scan for the 23rd of December. I just want reassurance before telling everyone. I have decided to go back to the Coombe. I sent off my registration form yesterday. I'll probably get my 12 week scan with them after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I have a private scan booked for the 4th of dec for same reason. SO wants to announce at christmas so i couldnt without getting a scan first

I got my appointment for scan and obs appointment yesterday, the scan is Dec 22nd, delighted, saves me the expense of a private scan. Obs app is Dec 29th, I might be still up at home for Christmas, so might try and reschedule it for a week later.

I booked a scan for end of Nov. It's the only time we will both be off. Then Coombe few weeks later. I feel like I'm gettin wider on the hips every day!!!

I am heading home for 2 weeks tomorrow with my son. I will tell my parents then and I think I will head with my mom to get an early scan as she would love to see the baby. Just waiting to get letter to see if I will book a private scan before Xmas to tell his family. Though he did tell his gran I was pregnant already.

They wanted to come over next summer, and before I was saying June as my son will be starting playschool and I was going to sign him Up for summer camp. Now I will say they better leave it until end of July or August so they can meet their next grandchild

Well told my parents yesterday, dad was in shock and mom was over the moon. The first thing she said was that she wished she could see scan pics of the baby and I told her we could do an early scan together so she is thrilled!

Just a bit sad, was hoping to get a new wardrobe in the black Friday sales but that has gone right out the window! Will have a look for maternity and nursing wear though.

A bit of nausea in the morning but nothing too bad, hope you lovely ladies are doing well!

Ladies, these bands are an absolute lifesaver - can't believe it but they are actually working. I still feel a low level of nausea, but its totally manageable.. and I can eat normal food (besides some things I've just gone off entirely). Best tenner ever spent!

Booking in for an early scan too, as my first appointment isn't until the 4th of January.

I nearly wish I did have some nausea…. I can’t stop eating! I was the same on my DD, I was determined to manage the weight better this time. I feel huge already! I think I’m going to struggle to keep it secret til Christmas at this rate.

I am going away with my sisters this weekend, bad enough trying to hide not drinking, but I forgot I couldn’t use the steam room, sauna or Jacuzzi either!

ncmc wrote: »
    I nearly wish I did have some nausea…. I can’t stop eating! I was the same on my DD, I was determined to manage the weight better this time. I feel huge already! I think I’m going to struggle to keep it secret til Christmas at this rate.

I am going away with my sisters this weekend, bad enough trying to hide not drinking, but I forgot I couldn’t use the steam room, sauna or Jacuzzi either!

ncmc... why no steam room etc... ?? I am just put off my food day by day. Can't eat enough fruit and ham sambo 's though. If I even got a whiff of soup I'd vomit on the spot . How will I get through christmas!!
    Private scan next Monday. Having a few pains down there but nothing that's sore. Christmas party next week. Just gonna get a bottle of Coors and hold onto it for the night !!!

• Advertisement

Yeah you're not supposed to use them because they raise your core temp and that's supposed to be bad for the baby

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2402.aspx?CategoryID=54

Hopefully by Christmas your nausea will have passed and you can enjoy your dinner!

Glad you got some relief with the bands jaja! Aww that will be tough ncmc, very hard to hide on a weekend away like that!

Well my Oh told his parents yesterday, apparently they had a feeling as I look pregnant. Sleep all over the place at the moment, constantly feeling tired. Early scan book for Sat as I should be 8 weeks then.

Glad you got some relief with the bands jaja! Aww that will be tough ncmc, very hard to hide on a weekend away like that! At least you are able for fruit orangetaster, hopefully feeling will ease soon.

Well my Oh told his parents yesterday, apparently they had a feeling as I look pregnant. Sleep all over the place at the moment, constantly feeling tired. Early scan book for Sat as I should be 8 weeks then.

Just wondering what happened at everyone's first GP visit to confirm pregnancy?

I just met with the nurse, I was given the option of waiting for the doc, but I didn't feel I needed to. She took a urine sample to confirm pregnancy, took blood pressure and bloods. They send the urine and bloods off to the lab and I have to phone in and get the results before my hospital appointment. She asked my dates etc and she sent a letter off to the hospital. Didn't take too long.

I've a new doctor this time round. She never took bloods!

My doctor never took my bloods either!

Some doctors do things differently. Mine doesn't take bloods either. I got my booking appointment for the 4th of January and scan on the 5th. Not sure why they make you come 2 days in a row, it's ridiculous! Surely it can all be done in the one appointment. I'm going to my gp tomorrow. My pregnancy was confirmed in Holles St so I didn't need to go to the GP but I suppose I need to get the ball rolling with them too. All symptoms seem to have disappeared this week which has me a little anxious. I feel fine except for boobs being a little tender but not as sore as previous weeks.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

That's weird! I thought taking bloods was something they always did! I still think it's crazy that in Cork you have to go to the doctor at all, would make more sense to me if you just booked directly with the hospital. I'm the same, scan on the 22nd Dec and booking appointment on the 29th, I was sure they did it all together on my last pregnancy.

• Advertisement

I'm nearly sure they did it all in the one appointment the last time too. Makes no sense bringing people back the following day. It's hard enough getting time off work this time of year! You can book into the hospitals in Dublin without a referral from your GP. Just download their form on the website and send it off.

Advertisement