Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

So sorry for your loss 5starpool. I hope however that your good news can bring some joy and comfort to you and your family this Christmas.

Welcome chocolate chip sunshine and congratulations to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

ncmc wrote: »
    I had a go using my doppler last night, no luck unfortunately. It's only a cheapie one I got off Ebay so wasn't expecting too much! I was sure I felt movement last night, but I know it's too early, so it was prob just wind :D

Its very early yet, I wasn't expecting to find it all. I did watch a YouTube video on where to locate the heartbeat at 10 weeks. It's much lower than you think. Make sure to have plenty of baby oil on too. Some days I swear I feel movements/fluttering don't know what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

scarbouro wrote: »
    Its very early yet, I wasn't expecting to find it all. I did watch a YouTube video on where to locate the heartbeat at 10 weeks. It's much lower than you think. Make sure to have plenty of baby oil on too. Some days I swear I feel movements/fluttering don't know what it is!
    That's true, I was probably checking far too high, I was checking round where I was feeling the flutters, near my belly button but it's prob much, much lower. I suppose there's probably a lot of shifting and moving about down there as our uterus expand, so while it may not be the baby moving, it could be the uterus stretching. There was a lot of backround noise on the dopplar actually.

That's true, I was probably checking far too high, I was checking round where I was feeling the flutters, near my belly button but it's prob much, much lower. I suppose there's probably a lot of shifting and moving about down there as our uterus expand, so while it may not be the baby moving, it could be the uterus stretching. There was a lot of backround noise on the dopplar actually.

Yes much lower, I found it near the pubic bone and lying to the left side. There's definitely a lot going on down there so it probably is a mixture of things alright.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My wife had the first consultant appointment this morning and he did a scan while we were there. 8w5d he said, which is give or take what we had said anyhow, and all looked great he said. Heart beating away like mad, and only one of them in there too. Next scan booked for 4 weeks. Delighted to get the first scan done anyhow and that it all looks good so far.

• Advertisement

How is everyone feeling? Nausea and tiredness definitely easing here so that's good. Have my 12 weeks scan tomorrow so looking forward to that but nervous at the same time. Dreading telling my boss in the morning! I was going to wait til after Christmas, but couldn't be bothered trying to come up with an excuse to leave early for my scan.

I feel I've really started to show already, I'm not even 12 weeks and I've got a right noticeable bump! Wasn't this size at 14/15 weeks first time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Happy Christmas Eve everyone ðŸ˜႒

Telling the kids/ parents tomorrow....

Haven't been able to keep anything down for the last 24 hours so here's hoping it passes so I can enjoy Christmas dinner tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Howdy all! Had scan yesterday, baby was measuring 11+2 where I had an EDD of 11+6, so I appear to have ovulated quite late in my cycle. Baby was moving like mad at first but then took a snooze so was hard to get a good pic, but all looking great. New date as 12th July.

Probably won't be on over Christmas, so wishing a happy holiday to all mums and dads on here!

Happy Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a healthy and safe holiday. Hope everyone can enjoy their Christmas dinner!

Scan went great on Thursday, measuring a couple of days behind so EDD is July 10th. Baby was jumping around like mad so was great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rose07

Hi everyone! Iv been too nervous to even read threads until now but I'm going to be a July Mam too! Iv had two miscarriages in 2016 so very mixed emotions right now but trying to let myself be as excited as I feel behind the nerves! I'll be 11 weeks on Friday and have had two scans already because of my history! So magical to finally see a heartbeat but waiting until the next scan at 13 weeks to tell most of my friends! Both our immediate families know just so they could look out for us but we waited until after the first scan! I suppose what I am now is cautiously excited!! Great to be here and lovely to read your journeys so far! Congrats to everyone! x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Congratulations Rose07

Huge congratulations Rose!

Hope everyone is keeping well. My little girl found out on Christmas eve she was going to be a big sister. She's 4 and the excitement is brilliant. It made our Christmas. Ms seems to have settled a little thank god.

Congratulations Rose!

Glad to hear people are feeling well and scans have all gone well! Comongethappy we have the same due date ��

Congrats Rose07 and welcome!

Glad your daughter was excited Scarboro and glad the ms is easing!

Brill jaja! Though I would say I will be closer to the end of July if this baby is anything like my son haha!

Mornings are getting a bit easier but I have so many spots. I got them bad when I was pregnant with A, then they cleared up within a week of having him, then they came back when I weaned him at 22 months, then they started to clear before I became pregnant and now they are back. Feel like a teenager

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orangetaster85

How is everyone getting on??!! Had my scan at 13 weeks. All was good! The coombe was so busy!

Congrats on your scan! Was the picture clear? Have mine tomorrow week and counting down the days! 😂 Back to work after the holidays next week so nice to have it to look forward to and will break the week up!

Yeah it was very clear! Could see him moving around kicking away and hands behind his head chilling out! She asked was my bladder full. It couldn't of been anymore full. So don't know what that was about. Getting few pains here and there like when I sit down!

Just back from my first appointment at Holles Street and I was really happy with them; they are really lovely in there. They also said I was healthy enough for the midwife led care scheme, so I'm going with that and delighted. Had a scan too and all seems good!

Feeling a lot better now too...nausea is pretty much gone and I have my energy back. Hope this 2nd trimester is a lot more enjoyable!

Hope you are all doing well xx

That's brilliant Jaja. Glad the Ms has eased too.

I had my booking app this morning in Naas, the Coombe have a clinic there which is handy for me. I've my scan tomorrow morning, not sure why both couldn't of been done the same day. I've to go back in 2 weeks to meet my consultant to discuss Elective section. I had a terrible time on the birth of my first child and suffered from Pnd for 1.5 years after. My gp has written a letter asking for a C section this time round. Not sure what he'll say but I'll go and have the chat with him and see. Hopefully I won't have a battle on my hands!

Oh best of luck Scarbouro, really hope the meeting with the consultant goes well. Don't know why these things have to be such a battle sometimes. Fingers crossed for you. xx

• Advertisement

Thanks Jaja! Yes, hopefully he'll be understanding towards the ordeal I went through and says yes to the section. It would give me a little bit of control back that I felt I didn't have any the last time.

That's brilliant Orangetaster! Have any of you gotten the flu jab?? Iv seen so many things about flu in the last few days online! I'm generally a healthy person and rarely get a bad cold or flu but I work with children and know they will be back to school with big sneezes next week! I want to mind my baby but don't want to do anything with bad effects on it! I'm kinda confused about what to do!?

Any doctor, midwife or consultant I've seen have recommended getting the flu jab. It seems to be pretty universally recommended. I'm the same as you Rose, healthy as a horse, but I got it on my last pregnancy and will get it again... if I ever get round to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

My wife is seeing her gp tomorrow for routine check but is also going to see about the flu jab, wil update what she recommend!

Glad to hear everyone's scans are going well and symptoms starting to ease!

Scarborough, hopefully they will be pro section for you this time around.

I got the flu shot at the beginning of Dec in boots as I had a lot of family getting the flu. Glad.to say no adverse reactions. Didn't last time around because we were just coming out of flu season. But I did pick up several colds which were really hard to shift as your immune system is suppressed in pregnancy, so I can see why they recommend the flu shot. Normally would rarely be sick and if I got a cold I would be grand in a couple days.

Thanks guys! I'll give my gp a ring in the morning!

Had my booking appointment, all went well. I ended up severely anemic after birth on my last pregnancy so they are going to keep a close eye on it this time. Other than that I have to get the sugar test at my next appt as there is a family history of diabetes.

How are all you ladies and dads to be keeping?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Scan this morning for my wife at just under 13 weeks. All looks great so far. Exhilarating for us to see a head, arms and legs and the movement in there. She is just about starting to get a little bump now so getting more real (although her queasiness over the last 8 weeks or so were real enough too).

Hope everyone is keeping well. 14+4 here and feeling great. Can't wait for some movement now cos I don't really 'feel' pregnant! I remember this being nearly the most worrying time last time because your symptoms have passed but you've no movement yet! I tried to find the heartbeat with my own Doppler the other night but no joy, but I'm not worried, I remember it being 17/18 weeks before it reliably worked last time. My daughter just puked yoghurt all over my hall rug.... it was nearly enough to bring my morning sickness back :(

• Advertisement

Hope everyone is keeping well. 14+4 here and feeling great. Can't wait for some movement now cos I don't really 'feel' pregnant! I remember this being nearly the most worrying time last time because your symptoms have passed but you've no movement yet! I tried to find the heartbeat with my own Doppler the other night but no joy, but I'm not worried, I remember it being 17/18 weeks before it reliably worked last time. My daughter just puked yoghurt all over my hall rug.... it was nearly enough to bring my morning sickness back :(

Hi ncmc! All is good here. 15 weeks today. That morning sickness was rough wasnt it? Does everyone know the good news?! Have told the people that need to know , but holding off until 16 weeks to let everyone else know! I dunno I just feel July is so far away! There is no decent maternity clothes for weddings out there is there? I've tryed all the usual suspects. Might just buy a size up!
    Has anyone had an experiences with introducing a crazy dog to a new born child by any chance ?!

Advertisement