Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Hi scarbouro, so happy that they are taking good care of you and putting a plan in place! Hopefully they will plan and agree for the section you wanted.

Had my appt Thurs with GD test and all good, so happy. Iron still up as well. Have to go back next week to see the consultant regarding the steroids I am on. I have a 34w scan booked to check placenta position, but she advised if I went on the steroid she wanted a growth scan at 32 weeks so she may want to move my appointment up.

Well, met with the consultant, they did a quick scan and the one measurement they could get of the stomach was showing a bit small for 27w, so going for growth scan now at 30W and then the placenta scan at 34W. Hoping all ok and the steroid isn't causing any issues.

How is everyone else getting on? Hope you all have a happy Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi Everyone,

27 weeks today, officially entering the 7 month mark.Getting quite a bit of discomfort in my hips, lower back, bum and knee. Feel like I'm constantly complaining, feel sorry for hubby !! Have GD test in hospital Thursday. back again at 32 weeks for growth scan. Didn't have this on either of my other pregnancies must be a new precaution.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Blndbby

Also 27 weeks from today. I've been starting to feel rather I uncomfortable in my lower back & legs if walking around alot.
    I've my diabetes test on Friday..feeling nervous for it!
    Has anybody noticed nausea coming back from theor 27th week? I have had it this evening after feeling good for the past 2 months.. I suppose I've had a long time without it , haha!

Blndbby wrote: »
    Also 27 weeks from today. I've been starting to feel rather I uncomfortable in my lower back & legs if walking around alot.
    I've my diabetes test on Friday..feeling nervous for it!
    Has anybody noticed nausea coming back from theor 27th week? I have had it this evening after feeling good for the past 2 months.. I suppose I've had a long time without it , haha!

How are all the July moms and dads doing? All going well with your care scarbouro? I know what you mean about nausea Blndbby, have had an awful cough and either ended up vomiting or weeing when I had bad spells, thank God it's easing up this week!

Needed a sick cert last week and gp had said I was measuring 2 weeks behind and I was panicking. Had my proper Gp appt yesterday, only measuring a week small now so relieved. Growth scan next week so should have a better picture. Got the whooping cough vaccination too as apparently their have been a few infant deaths as their jabs don't cover them till 4 mos.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My wife is doing a great job at this baby growing lark. So far so good, 28 weeks today. According to the consultant she's bang on average growth and everything looks good. She has her glucose thing and whooping cough next week so it'll be less comfortable for her then. In for the next consultant visit in 3 weeks. We need to start thinking about names soon, but haven't found out the sex yet as we wanted it to be a surprise when it arrives. Nervous but excited here.

Well baba is measuring small for stomach and weight only, so weaning off steroid and back next week for placenta check, and week after for another growth scan. It looks like I will be making the trek to Holles St regularly now, out of the Wicklow clinic unless she has a spurt

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

scarbouro wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on? I feel like a whale at the moment! Bump has really popped out. 26 weeks today. I was in with the high risk clinic yesterday. They said that we will speak about weather I'll have a section or induction at the next appointment in 4 weeks. I won't be allowed go into labour by myself because I'm on the blood thinners. It will be nice to know what the plan is. Also have another scan at 34 weeks to see if placenta has moved up.

Hope everybody is feeling good!

I am on may train. Can i ask what blood thinners you are on? I am on innohep- came off aspirin at 36 weeks.

Would love a controlled labour but my consultant wont schedule induction unless I am favourable at 39 weeks.
    I have had v.quick labours..

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

I am on may train. Can i ask what blood thinners you are on? I am on innohep- came off aspirin at 36 weeks.

Would love a controlled labour but my consultant wont schedule induction unless I am favourable at 39 weeks.
    I have had v.quick labours..

I'm on innohep too. Been on it since 20 weeks, I'm 32 weeks now. I was told they could examine me from 38 weeks for induction or section at 39. Im opting for a section but there are days I think I might try induction Again. Had a very bad experience on my first child with induction so I wasn't very willing to go back down that route again but as the weeks go on I have all sorts of mad thoughts going on!

What hospital are you attending? I was told I'd have to be very careful towards the end, any twinge and to stop the innohep straight away. They won't allow me to go by myself but hopefully baby stays put. I'm also on insulin for GD so I've a higher risk of going early with that too. I'd explain to your consultant that you want to be checked from 38 weeks for induction. Is this your first? If so You might not be ready induction then.

Glad to hear all is going well with you scarbouro!

Had my placenta function scan and all is good, she's just small so in every other week now for growth scans to make sure she keeps gaining, might be induced at 39 weeks.

How is everyone else keeping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear you are all doing well!

All going well here now too, almost at 32 weeks - the time is really flying by! Having another scan in a couple of weeks to check placement of the placenta, but other than that not a bother, can't complain!

Busy trying to get the apartment sorted and get my bits together for the hospital. Getting there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Hope everyone is keeping well!

Looks like I'll be having a June baby. Section planned for the 27th of June. Delighted to have a date now. I can see the finish line! My insulin keeps getting increased weekly. I'm on it twice a day at the moment. I've been grand with being good since being diagnosed but this week I'm craving ice cream something terrible. Horrible being pregnant and not able to have nice things.

Hey,

At least you have a date now and can be on count down. Your due NEXT MONTH :)

I had check up yesterday, baby is breach. Head is stuck up at my right rib. Back in 4 weeks time, should get my date for section then I'll be 36 weeks.

Are ye ladies buying long sleeve vests for the hospital or short sleeve for the baby?

Hi ladies,

Ahh Scarburo that's tough having Gd, but at least now you have your end date!

Excited, packing short sleeve vests and just the sleep suits. I am in Holles St and it was roasting with my son last time.

I am up for weekly scans, baby has picked up a wee bit going from 7th to 8th centile for weight, so they are happy she is going in the right direction, still talk of being induced at 39 w though.

So happy, was in for growth scan this morning and she jumped from 8th centile to 17th! They are going to bring me back in two weeks for another growth scan to make sure she keeps picking up and if she does I am back in the Wicklow clinic. Placenta is up as well and head down, hoping it all stays that way

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Blndbby

I got my form letter today saying I'm approved for Maternity Benefit and the date it will proceed from and until..Quick Question.. Is the backlog sorted or was the backlog only on them approving forms? I'm confused!

scarbouro wrote: »
    Hope everyone is keeping well!

Looks like I'll be having a June baby. Section planned for the 27th of June. Delighted to have a date now. I can see the finish line! My insulin keeps getting increased weekly. I'm on it twice a day at the moment. I've been grand with being good since being diagnosed but this week I'm craving ice cream something terrible. Horrible being pregnant and not able to have nice things.

Delighted to hear you have a date Scarbouro and that you're getting your section in the end. Just think of all the ice-cream you can have in July!! :-)

Blndbby wrote: »
    I got my form letter today saying I'm approved for Maternity Benefit and the date it will proceed from and until..Quick Question.. Is the backlog sorted or was the backlog only on them approving forms? I'm confused!

Once you have the letter confirming payment approval you will be sorted. People weren't getting that until into their maternity leave and then they were getting back payments confirmed too

Hi Ladies,

How are you all doing in this weather?! I am normally such a sun and heat person - the hotter the better - but I'm finding the weather a bit challenging at the moment. Didn't sleep a wink on Sunday night, although much better last night thankfully. Hope you are all coping ok! xxx

Hi,

I was the same on Sunday night 4.30 and I going to bed but just twisted & turned. Finding it hard to get motivated to do anything in the heat. Hubby has a tummy bug at the moment, really hoping I don't get it.

How is everyone keeping?

• Advertisement

Jaja and excited, I am the same, finding it hard to sleep. We have a fan going all night, my son is just in his nappy and I am just in a thin sleeveless short night dress. Worst is when he wants to cuddle as he is a radiator.

Doing well, baby's growth picked up so I am back in Wicklow clinic tomorrow for normal check up. Just exhausted between son being sick last week and this heat! For ladies on their 2nd or 3Rd, have you bought pressies for your older children from the baby? I ordered a trike yesterday for my son, and bought a pack of die cast cars and some plastic dinosaurs if the baby gets gifts and he doesn't.

Had appt today with my consultant and got a sweep. Back in next week! How are you ladies keeping?

Got date for my C-section, its for 2 weeks time I'll be 39 weeks.

Havent bought the presents yet, but I had one in my hospital bag the last time and put it in the cot when my son came to meet his sister in the hospital. It worked a treat!! I also found have a little drink/snack handy to have in the hospital to keep them entertained, they loose interest quite quick in there new sibling.

How are you comeongethappy after the sweep?

Got date for my C-section, its for 2 weeks time I'll be 39 weeks.

Havent bought the presents yet, but I had one in my hospital bag the last time and put it in the cot when my son came to meet his sister in the hospital. It worked a treat!! I also found have a little drink/snack handy to have in the hospital to keep them entertained, they loose interest quite quick in there new sibling.

How are you comeongethappy after the sweep?[/quote

That's great news Excited, so nice to know when you will meet your baby :)

That's a good idea regarding the drink and treat, esp as hospitals are so warm.

Grand, felt uncomfortable the day after but nothing now, so I don't think it has done anything. I am back in with midwifes next week, should have been gp but they were packed week after, so will be interesting if they try again.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Only a few weeks left! We're both bricking it and looking so much forward to it all in equal measures. We have as much preparation as we can do for the bits we can prepare for, so just the millions of things we can't prepare for to worry about. I hope everyone here is doing well anyhow, my wife is going very well aside from general discomforts increasing. Just over 3 weeks left to the due date.

Has anyone received any information about there Maternity Benefit?

Has anyone received any information about there Maternity Benefit?

Yep, I got my confirmation letter about 3 weeks after I submitted the form. Have you gotten the text to confirm they have received your application?

Yes, I got my confirmation text but have heard nothing since :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orangetaster85

How is everyone doing ?! I think this must be the quitest pregnancy thread! ! Im good. Due tomorrow week. Cannot belive it. ****ting it also as I've no idea what's ahead!!!
    I got my letter last Monday and had payment in my bank by Tuesday.. I sent it by post in april I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

Looks like I'll be joining the July thread. A week overdue booked in for induction on Sunday, really nervous now!

• Advertisement

premiergal wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be joining the July thread. A week overdue booked in for induction on Sunday, really nervous now!

Congrats premiergal! My only advice is to try to sleep on Sat as induction can take a while! I didn't sleep the Sun night before I went in on the Monday morning to be induced, thinking I was going to meet him then! Didn't up having him until the Wednesday morning so was shattered.

But the good news is you will have your little baby soon!

Advertisement