Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Zoe to be sold with battery - £23500 with 41kWh battery

• 01-11-2016 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭

So it seems the new Zoe will be available for sale with the battery included now, as well as on a battery lease as before.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-renault-zoe-uk-prices-and-specs-revealed

From the article
    Buying the battery outright adds £5000 to the Zoe's entry-level Expression trim price and £5600 to all other spec levels, with the higher price reflecting the larger 40kW battery pack. Leasing the 22kW battery costs from £49 per month with a 4500-mile per year limit to £89 per month for up to 10,500 miles per year, while the larger battery pack costs £59 per month for 4500 annual miles, or up to £110 for an unlimited annual-mileage lease.

The Zoe now gets two entry-level prices: £13,995 with a battery lease, or £18,995 when you buy the battery pack outright. Cars with the larger battery pack are also available with a 43kW quick charger, which is a £750 option thta allows an 80% charge in just over one hour. The new top-spec Signature model starts at £19,895, or £25,495 with battery purchase. All prices are after the government’s £4500 plug-in car grant has been applied.

Looks to be about £23500 inluding a purchased 41kWh battery for the basic specification.
    Not too bad for an EV with nearly 400km range.

Comments

No where near 400 kms, at my average in the Leaf, not driving too easy mind you, gives me about 17.5 Kwh/100 kms but I am tending to drive it harder now and I should check my average again, anyway that would give an average of 228 Kms.

Range will be anything from 285 kms driving gentle in Summer to 190 Kms beating down the motorway, still a very good improvement and don't forget that fantastic on board AC charger, can avail of the full 22 Kw from most non fast chargers, (the AC points) or the green icons on the ESB Ecars charge point map.

Also a very important point, zoe is available with the option of a 44 Kw charger and 22 Kw only , I highly advise against the 22 Kw charger, 40 Kwh is a lot to charge at 22 Kw.

I don't know for certain yet but if you order the 22 Kw only then it's most likely you won't be able to even plug into a fast charger at all. Seems to be a 750 pound option for a "fast charge "port" ! Again, I'm not certain on this but I am certain about the 22/44 kw chargers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

Renault are quoting a "real world" range of 300km. 200km of motorway cruising should be easily achievable.
    Don't forget The Zoe uses about 25% less energy than the Leaf 10.5kWh/100km vs 13.7kWh/100km.

https://www.technologicvehicles.com/en/green-transportation-news/1961/consumption-of-electric-cars-the-top-13-in-kw#.WBkFpdwXZ_4

22kW is as much as the Irish standard points can supply anyway and 22kW is going to give you 150km per hour of charging at a guess, should be plenty for most people I should think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

No where near 400 kms, at my average in the Leaf, not driving too easy mind you, gives me about 17.5 Kwh/100 kms but I am tending to drive it harder now and I should check my average again, anyway that would give an average of 228 Kms.

That's exactly what EPA gives - 18 kWh/100 km.

grogi wrote: »
    That's exactly what EPA gives - 18 kWh/100 km.

I'll log into car wings and see what my average is these days. I really don't baby the Leaf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Our average is about 14kWh/100km in the Leaf.

Wondering why the Zoe is so much less, is it significantly lighter? The Leaf at 2 tonnes, is probably S-Class Merc territory.

• Advertisement

Gone up a bit, I expected that, I have driven harder the last while. I mean why bother saving energy if I don't have to , right ? and electricity is dirt cheap compared to diesel and half my commute is free thanks to the work charge point.

17.9 Kwh/100 kms over 24,000 driven so far this year.

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-01%20at%2021.49.00.png

18 Kwh/100 kms and 40 Kwh is 222 Kms range, This is the average, as stated above, with 40 Kwh this range would be 190-285 kms. That's not bad at all.

n97 mini wrote: »
    Our average is about 14kWh/100km in the Leaf.

Wondering why the Zoe is so much less, is it significantly lighter? The Leaf at 2 tonnes, is probably S-Class Merc territory.

That's driving pretty easy, I can get 13.1 Kwh/100 kms in the leaf if I try hard, but no way, I'd rather walk.

The leaf is about 1,498 Kg for the 24 Kwh (2013 updated model + ) far less than 2 Tonnes.

Zoe weighs 1468 Kg.

Zoe is perhaps slightly more aerodynamic. I question any efficiency claim over the Leaf in reality. I can get 13.1 Kwh if I try hard and 15 if I try less hard and 18 Kwh/100 km if I don't care.

By the way, this is my average over 24,000 kms so far in 2016.

The leaf is about 1,498 Kg for the 24 Kwh (2013 updated model + ) far less than 2 Tonnes.

My apologies, Tekna is 1570kg (unladen) according to the brochure. Gross weight is a few kg short of 2 tonnes.

Gone up a bit, I expected that, I have driven harder the last while. I mean why bother saving energy if I don't have to , right ? and electricity is dirt cheap compared to diesel and half my commute is free thanks to the work charge point.

17.9 Kwh/100 kms over 24,000 driven so far this year.

<image snip>

While I have a login name and password for the mobile app which works fine I have yet to figure out the online stuff. It keeps telling me the VIN is not acceptable, or something similar.

• Advertisement

While I have a login name and password for the mobile app which works fine I have yet to figure out the online stuff. It keeps telling me the VIN is not acceptable, or something similar.

That's a shame because it's great to have a log of your driving history, energy consumption etc.

As I said my average is based on 24,000 kms. Not trip readings and very good real life data for someone who drives reasonably hard.

I mean why bother saving energy if I don't have to , right ?

I used to think the same, but it means more time for me spent at charging points. E.g. it's quicker to drive to Cork at a lower speed and charge at FCPs twice than to drive harder but have to charge three times. Plus more charge cycles mean more battery wear.

That's a shame because it's great to have a log of your driving history, energy consumption etc.

As I said my average is based on 24,000 kms. Not trip readings.

I really should sort it out! We get the automated announcements, which are obviously using some sort of hard to understand text-to-speech system and we came first in our region at something or other a while back! Couldn't make it out.

I used to think the same, but it means more time for me spent at charging points. E.g. it's quicker to drive to Cork at a lower speed and charge at FCPs twice than to drive harder but have to charge three times. Plus more charge cycles mean more battery wear.

Indeed, but over 135 Kms commute I can drive pretty much as hard as I want with the work charge point and admittedly, I did drive easier when I had to charge at Naas DC. I could have made it in one go driving easier than I like in the milder months and taking back roads home.

Having 40 Kwh would be really great, but I'm waiting for 60 Kwh, and then I won't have to charge at home for my commute at all.

I really should sort it out! We get the automated announcements, which are obviously using some sort of hard to understand text-to-speech system and we came first in our region at something or other a while back! Couldn't make it out.

I don't understand ?

Having 40 Kwh would be really great, but I'm waiting for 60 Kwh, and then I won't have to charge at home for my commute at all.

Or just get a Tesla ;)

I don't understand ?

Do you get the automated in-car announcements from Nissan? They're every couple of weeks, though I haven't figured out the frequency yet. You get told stuff about your performance, and then regional and world rankings?

Or just get a Tesla ;)

I wish ! :D

And the model 3 won't be available by the time my lease expires in 2018, chances are it will be late 2019 when the model 3 is available, already 3 years old you could say.

Do you get the automated in-car announcements from Nissan? They're every couple of weeks, though I haven't figured out the frequency yet. You get told stuff about your performance, and then regional and world rankings?

No, that would drive me mad, but you can go into the head unit to get that data.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
Advertisement