Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking at consumption

Options
  • 01-11-2016 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some advice.

I have a convenience shop and want to start looking at fridges/freezers etc to see if there is any point in upgrading a few units.

I imagine, but maybe I am wrong, that like household units, commercial grab and go fridges / freezers etc have come on along way in the last 10-15 years.

So....how do I work out what a fridge/freezer is using? Is it the same as a turn on/off appliance such as a hoover? (1kw motor: 1kw x 24 hours x cost per unit) or is it harder to work out as a fridge or freezer kick in and out depending on the load being put on it?

If it is based on the load, how do I check this? Obviously I can't turn it off for the day and see the differences as there is too many variances on what other things are being used in the shop.

Is there anything I can leave onto a wire over 24 hours and it measures the consumption? Is a kill-a-watt meter what I am looking for?

Thanks for any feedback

Comments

Advertisement