Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken window

Options
  • 01-11-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was just wondering the council pay some of my rent for me i broke the glass in my front door was wondering wud the council pay to hav it repaired

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No. You broke it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I was just wondering the council pay some of my rent for me i broke the glass in my front door was wondering wud the council pay to hav it repaired

If you're incapable of repairing it yourself through lack of funding- you could make a case to the local community welfare officer (typically in the local health centre) to see if they might assist you in repairing for the damage. The council have no remit whatsoever in repairing the damage to the door.

First call is to the landlord- to see what their views are- it may be the case that they may organise the repair for you- and you might able to come to some arrangement with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If it is a HAP or RAS leased property the landlord is most likely responsible for normal breakages, Accidents happen from time to time. Check your lease if you have one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

foggy_lad wrote: »
    If it is a HAP or RAS leased property the landlord is most likely responsible for normal breakages, Accidents happen from time to time. Check your lease if you have one.

Seriously, a landlord should pay for a broken window? Sorry but that's not a normal breakage. A normal breakage is a cooker or washing machine breaking down or an old chair breaking. Not a window smashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

foggy_lad wrote: »

Are you saying a broken window is normal wear and tear? I've heard it all now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

no. But In my case LL had to repair a window cause it was stormdamage. ( big BIG branch was blown against it). But heck, if I had thrown a brick through it I would repair it...

Advertisement