Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game ideas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I love the idea of a jester role. Not sure if you guys have played with one before. The goal of the jester is to get lynched. Adds in a pinch more paranoia. One of the people who voted to lynch the jester is randomly selected to commit suicide, over the grief of killing a mentally disturbed clown. The game will continue but the jester has essentially won the game when this happens, everyone else is playing for second place.

Played a game with a jester back in 2010 but it was a different role. This one game 6 wishes. It is explained here...

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164219&postcount=2

I think a wild west genre game would be fun, where everyone has a gun but something like on the first day itd take 3 bullets to kill someone then 2 and 1 that'd be mainly to stop tigger getting shot straight off :D

Maybe back to the future themed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

i'd like a game where I have a gun!

i'd like a game where I have a gun!

Ya I think everyone has the right to shoot someone else imagine all the revenge shootings :D

O and for **** and giggles one person ends up with a water pistol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The above has given me an idea for a game, needs hammering out though.

Basically, all the players are divided into teams of three, each team has three roles, The Morning, The Noon, and The Night.

The goal of The Morning is to get shot in the morning
    The Noon is to get shot in the afternoon time
    The Night to get shot at Nighttime.

Each player also knows the role of two other players, from the other roles. So the Morning knows 2 Noons, one on his team and one not, and two Nights, one on his team, one not. So on so forth for the Noons and Nights.

The game has three bullets a day, the morning, noon and night bullets, fired at the end of the Morning, Noon and Night respectively.

There will be one wildcard bullet given to each team, they can use it by any team member typing "Shoot xyz" in the game thread. For each phase (Morning, Noon, Night) after this, players will need to majority vote on who they should shoot.

If you get shot during your phase, your team wins, but you can't shoot a teammate,you can vote for them to be shot however.

Anyone want to critique this?

IRL times will be set for each phase. I think it would get fairly confusing fairly quickly and may just fall into a logic game after a while. I dunno, I need other opinions so i can try fix it.

• Advertisement

I think a wild west genre game would be fun, where everyone has a gun but something like on the first day itd take 3 bullets to kill someone then 2 and 1 that'd be mainly to stop tigger getting shot straight off :D

Maybe back to the future themed

Westworld themed!

Westworld themed!

but...spoilers?!

but...spoilers?!

Have you not seen it?

Have you not seen it?

not yet but it's on the list

not yet but it's on the list

Get watching! only 10 episodes which isn't too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I'd flirted with the idea of a team game where there's 2 people to 1 role so you've to work together on posting everything even if an NRV. But would need a lot of players and could fall completely flat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

I'd flirted with the idea of a team game where there's 2 people to 1 role so you've to work together on posting everything even if an NRV. But would need a lot of players and could fall completely flat

A few others have posted different variations on this so it may be something to see if it can be developed

tritium wrote: »
    A few others have posted different variations on this so it may be something to see if it can be developed

Yeah it appeals to me because even though i've loved all the games, I think I enjoyed being on a team for the star wars one the most. I get lonely.

Yeah it appeals to me because even though i've loved all the games, I think I enjoyed being on a team for the star wars one the most. I get lonely.

I think your idea could work with our game idea quite well! And if we advertise ahead of time we might get the numbers to pull it off. I am sure the topic will go down well and should prove a popular signup :)

I think your idea could work with our game idea quite well! And if we advertise ahead of time we might get the numbers to pull it off. I am sure the topic will go down well and should prove a popular signup :)

I prefer to under promise and over deliver

something to think about, is there a way to speed up game phases and end up with a timeline somewhere between the short game (20 mins per phase) and the long game (12ish hours per phase) shorter phases might push us a bit more, as we'd have to think quicker and commit to decisions. I think the long phases are one of the major advantages the village have tbh, more time for analysis and questions

something to think about, is there a way to speed up game phases and end up with a timeline somewhere between the short game (20 mins per phase) and the long game (12ish hours per phase) shorter phases might push us a bit more, as we'd have to think quicker and commit to decisions. I think the long phases are one of the major advantages the village have tbh, more time for analysis and questions

Yep a pretty good idea. Wonder would it work to have speed rounds as the norm after the first real day of play

Yep a pretty good idea. Wonder would it work to have speed rounds as the norm after the first real day of play

my only worry would be that those in the group who don't work at a computer, might be totally excluded on the basis of sped up play. It was something I though about for the game me and Uriel did but I thought changing the time scheme might have been unfair without prior discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'm guessing that shorter rounds might make it more difficult for people with work though so that'd have to be taken into account. You could do the weekend but then people have lives then too so it's tricky!

I've been musing over an idea where there are, say, two evil teams then mostly the rest are nrv. But in reality there are 5 evil teams and no nrv whatsoever. You lead everyone to believe they fighting the village where in reality they are fighting each other. My notes on developing this game so far are: Logistical nightmare

• Advertisement

I've been musing over an idea where there are, say, two evil teams then mostly the rest are nrv. But in reality there are 5 evil teams and no nrv whatsoever. You lead everyone to believe they fighting the village where in reality they are fighting each other. My notes on developing this game so far are: Logistical nightmare

I like it, but haven't you just given the game away? We'll all know the deal when you come to mod!!

Theres actually a fairly fampus example if a game played a few years ago where there were no wolves but everyone thought there was wolves (random kill at munch time). It sounds throughly headwrecking. Ill try to find a link later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Theres actually a fairly fampus example if a game played a few years ago where there were no wolves but everyone thought there was wolves (random kill at munch time). It sounds throughly headwrecking. Ill try to find a link later

i wanted to do that
    20 villagers no wolves

go

only reaso i'm going a different way is it was done bfore

That founds like a far easier way to do it. Less exciting though.

Ah no, the dead room would be hilarous if they didn't know.

Although given i was munched first next game for powerplay i figure anyone who did that could forget about playing werewolf for a decade or so

Say there's two wolf teams, who compete for one kill each night. Tell all except one team they lost, do that kill.

Say there's two wolf teams, who compete for one kill each night. Tell all except one team they lost, do that kill.

Yeah was thinking that.

Or have three wolf teams, say they compete for 2 kills each night, increase your chances of being able to make up kills as you go along, if they kill together that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'm toying with the idea of no teams, just three or four SKs. Like a Hannibal or Dexter themed game. It would make it harder on the village to spot coz one can't give the other away. Maybe allow the SKs to communicate separately in a private room anonymously so they don't take each other out.

• Advertisement

That's awesome with the theme. Could do way more SKs with a dexter theme! Bonus points for killing a killer

Advertisement