Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excess increased

Options
  • 01-11-2016 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently changed vehicle on my existing policy and paid an additional fee on this.

But having read the details, the Insurance company significantly increased the excess on the policy.

Whats up with this? are they allowed to just hike that too? One of the reasons I initially took the policy out was due to the moderate excess.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, it's probably easiest to just ask them, or read the policy document you got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

I queried them.
    They said its 'due to the new car added' .

Goal posts moved.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ligertigon wrote: »
    I queried them.
    They said its 'due to the new car added' .

Goal posts moved.....

Is the new vehicle significantly more valuable than the last one?

Changing the excess mid term is a bit odd tbh, I could understand if it was due to a change in cover eg TPFT to comp but for just a transfer of insurance it doesn't make much sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

I changed from an 04 octavia to a 02 mx5... bit of a sneaky one if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭9935452

ligertigon wrote: »
    I changed from an 04 octavia to a 02 mx5... bit of a sneaky one if you ask me.

I changed cars mid insurance year 10 years ago.
    I cant remember who the policy was with
    For some reason i had 'driving other motorcycles' on the insurance cert.
    When i changed cars , this was missing from the replacement paperwork.
    It made no difference to me as i didnt have a bike license

• Advertisement
Advertisement