Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mould!

• 01-11-2016 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭

I've been away for the week and have arrived home to find mould on parts of my boot floor:mad:

I was golfing the day before I left, my gear was kind of wet after the round and I think that's what introduced the damp into the boot.

I've taken the boot floor out and wiped it down with paper towels. It's taken all the visible mould off. Even though I can't really feel any damp, I'm going to leave it in the sitting room tonight and let it dry out fully as there's a good fire going.

Should I do anything else to clean it fully? Quick once over with a disinfectant or diluted APC? Want to get rid of it 100%.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Quick once over with an upholstery cleaner should be enough - cant imagine its too bad?
    APC would work too, but you could be left with a lot of solution in the material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Gtechnic I2 Tri Clean is specifically developed to kill and remove any signs of mould, bacteria etc. on car interiors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

In the recent past I've had to deal with mould on the seat belts of a car that had been parked up for a while.

The solution?

Milton.

Yes, the one that you use to sterilise baby bottles, etc. in.

Worked a treat and is widely available from all the big supermarkets and pharmacies for about €4 per 500ml bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I've had to deal with mould a few times and my usual cure is wash with dilute APC or even Flash. After the fabric has dried, I usually give it a very light mist of an anti-bacterial spray to kill the mould spores. Just watch the anti-bacterial spray. Some contain bleach (avoid them) and some can mark/stain the fabric. Try it on an inconspicuous piece of fabric first.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gravity10

Use a mild detergent or APC and a 1% bleach solution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement