Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mi Band 2

• 01-11-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭

Had a quick search for a thread on this but only found one for buying it.
    I have one ordered but just wondering people's opinions on it. Is it value for money? Does it cause a big drain on phone battery from sync etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Have mine over a month now and find it brilliant. Hasn't any noticeable effect on battery I can see. Bluetooth seems light enough on the juice.

Find it handy for the alarm in bed, and good for knowing notifications without taking phone out of pocket!

As well as step counter , heart rate and all the other stuff too..

Brilliant gadget for under €30...

Also only had to charge it once so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Got one for myself and then later another for my wife.

From a fitness point of view its good to have a general idea of how active you are. The heart rate monitor may not be the most useful but again it should give you a sense of your progress over a number of months. Activity reminders are a smart feature that everyone should use, particularly if you're office bound.

The real value is in the size, which I think is just right, and the integration with Android phones. It's great at keeping your phone unlocked and for vibrating with incoming calls. I have some urgent notifications triggered to vibrate too. The silent alarm works great. Sleep monitoring is possibly not the most accurate but again gives you a good idea of how well you're sleeping.

The Android app is perfectly adequate and also connects to Google Health. The battery life is astounding at minimum two weeks though, I don't think I could be arsed charging a smart watch every night but two weeks is absolutely fine.

Its getting cheaper all the time too so it's absolutely worth the money. When you compare it to the cost of a fitbit then it's a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I bought one of these on 11/11 sale, got it yesterday.
    Terrific little bit of kit, few useful apps as well. One which I like means you can set a function when tapping watch (e.g. playing music - tap once to skip - twice to stop)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 darmul

gmisk wrote: »
    Terrific little bit of kit, few useful apps as well. One which I like means you can set a function when tapping watch (e.g. playing music - tap once to skip - twice to stop)

Where did you buy it? 3 weeks Ish is a decent turnaround.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Wonder is it possible to use this with a golf app like Swing by Swing to show current distance to the green on the face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭irishchris

gmisk wrote: »

Which app allows you to do the music functions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

irishchris wrote: »
    Which app allows you to do the music functions?

Its called Mi Band 2 Func Button, works pretty well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy this from? I have the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro and want to use it with this,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

pcuser wrote: »
    Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy this from? I have the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Pro and want to use it with this,
    bought from Banggood.com sometime last year. Have bought numerous things from this site including a xiaomi redmi mobile. Have it a year since last October. Still going strong. It takes nearly a month for delivery and I had to pay tax on phone before delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I got it from Gearbest. I know people here dont usually like the site but it worked fine for me. Took about 3 weeks for delivery.

http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_362705.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I've been looking at a few of the sites selling them and some say Global Version and others don't. Is this something to be wary of?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CCMYPLAYMATE

Any one have trouble getting them to pair ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

Any one have trouble getting them to pair ?

Never had any trouble pairing it. Sometimes it would take forever to update the stats in the app though like it wasn't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

what warehouse should i order frrom? cn or hk

Advertisement