Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free bread in Kildare?

• 01-11-2016 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get stale bread for free in kildare? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

Don't usually get the bread for free but the delivery van lads will second seconds for about 5 euro for a tray

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

Tommyaya4 wrote: »
    Don't usually get the bread for free but the delivery van lads will second seconds for about 5 euro for a tray
    Thanks but where do the vans come to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

Don't know - the large supermarkets give all their bakery items to homeless shelters each evening...collected at closing time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

Thanks but where do the vans come to?

Ask your local small shop the small bakeries will be supplying shops with small amount in each shop but visit a lot of shops returns are collected and credited to the shop can be purchased cheap depends where your living no point going to big supermarkets but a super value or centra spar will stick breads from local bakeries this is how we get our bread for the greyhounds

Tommyaya4 wrote: »
    Ask your local small shop the small bakeries will be supplying shops with small amount in each shop but visit a lot of shops returns are collected and credited to the shop can be purchased cheap depends where your living no point going to big supermarkets but a super value or centra spar will stick breads from local bakeries this is how we get our bread for the greyhounds
    Thanks I'll ask in the shop near us and see what they say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

If you go directly to bread manufacturers themselves they will accommodate provided you collect e.g. Cuisine de France, Brennans Bread.

Try Bradburys in Newbridge or Athy. Manufacturers are a better bet than retailers/cafes as manufacturers usually take back out-of-date/damaged confectionary product as retailers do not want to incur cost of disposal and associated pest control risks.

KE_MAN wrote: »
    If you go directly to bread manufacturers themselves they will accommodate provided you collect e.g. Cuisine de France, Brennans Bread.

Try Bradburys in Newbridge or Athy. Manufacturers are a better bet than retailers/cafes as manufacturers usually take back out-of-date/damaged confectionary product as retailers do not want to incur cost of disposal and associated pest control risks.
    Thanks for that I might give that a try asking them!

Advertisement