Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sight Lines

Options
  • 01-11-2016 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,

Quick question regarding sightlines. We're hoping to build on our site but we've run into a little issue on sight lines. There is an existing entrance to the field in question which has been there for years (no existing house on the site). Using this entrance we have the correct sight lines on one side. However, on the other we only have 40m but this is because it joins a different road, a national road. Cars coming from this side are always coming for a stopped position.

The road we would be coming onto is an 80kph road but it's a tertiary road and the max speed anyone can get on it would be around 30-35kph. We could do a traffic survey to get exact numbers but I'm wondering if it is worth my while to bother even proceeding with it.

Edit: While the access we planned to use is on a tertiary road, the house would look as if it was on the national road. Can you have site access on the national road? We'd have 200m each side of any proposed entrance if we were to enter via the front of the house.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

Ring the local council roads engineer, I've heard different figures being quoted. Sounds to me your proposal would be ok, just get it confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ConCoBar

Cheers I'll do that. Has anyone ever had luck building on a National Road in at 100kph zone? There is an existing entrance to the field that is used by the farmer. We have sight lines 750m on one side and 580m on the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

Conorooney wrote: »
    Cheers I'll do that. Has anyone ever had luck building on a National Road in at 100kph zone? There is an existing entrance to the field that is used by the farmer. We have sight lines 750m on one side and 580m on the other.

It's a flat no for a national road outside towns/villages, they simply don't allow them since 2012.

Advertisement