Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens Shotgun

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    ....Each to their own,but me personally,I would never again part with good money on the word of the seller or a net picture for anything in Ireland ever again.

I'm sure you saw my comment about going and handling the gun, ideally shooting it etc. so I'll take it we're ultimately on the same page here Grizzly :)

However, there are obvious benefit to a well maintained up to date website:
      saves cost and commute times by helping people avoid wild goose chases.
      helps ensure that the list price is in the public domain so there's no "funny stuff" when you get there, such as the incident that Nekarsulm just described above.
      offers a far bigger "shop window" for fellas selling guns to advertise

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Garrettodd, Its still up on their website at 499! :D

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Garrettodd, Its still up on their website at 499! :D

Maybe you should drop them a line and point that out, if it's a genuine error I'm sure they will quickly correct it :)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Only other peeve I would have with this is the fact many dealers here put up stock photos of the gun in new condition..At least have the decency to do a pic of the gun you are selling,warts an all.Otherwise you could be done for false advertising of goods.Its not that hard with camera phones and a white sheet these days.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    ....Its not that hard with camera phones and a white sheet these days.

Absolutely, all the more reason why there's no real excuse for not having a quality website for all to view :)

I can't decide if it's just down to a combination of laziness and poor salesmanship, or this notion that people in our sport need to hide in the shadows and not enable any publicity about our sport, the guns we use etc. Either way, it's a bad thing imho.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭HeadWrecked93

Going to view a 16 bore shotgun tomorrow. All I know at the moment it's a side by side single trigger and it's going for 350.

Going to see it with himself who knows abit about shooting but just wondering is there anything I should look out for or ask?

Seller said he will measure me to change stock, shoulder bad etc.

Himself going to insure it in his name and keep it in his safe and I'll be a named or trainee user while I work on getting my licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭skipking

ammo might be a bit of an issue for a 16 bore as i dont think many dealers stock 16g ammo.

Bought a brand new huglu hawk 20bore today. Loved the feel of it. Just have to get license sorted now and I'll be able to collect her in the next couple of weeks hopefully before season finishes!

best of luck with your your new gun. let us know how you get on with it. safe shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

One more of us one less of them.:D

• Advertisement

Ok can some one give me a brief explanation on the different types of ammunition to me and what each are for??

Quick search of 20bore ammunition online has turned up the following;

20g 5,6,7,8
    24g 7.5 trap
    25g 5,6,7,8
    28g 5,6,7, 7.5
    31g 5,6
    35g 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stonehall9

Ok can some one give me a brief explanation on the different types of ammunition to me and what each are for??

Quick search of 20bore ammunition online has turned up the following;

20g 5,6,7,8
    24g 7.5 trap
    25g 5,6,7,8
    28g 5,6,7, 7.5
    31g 5,6
    35g 5

Hi the lower the g number above are the lightest loads in those shot sizes, so normally the lightest loads would have least recoil or kick, 24g trap would be a preferred clay pigeon cartridge, 28g 6/7 would be for say pheasants or partridge, and 35g 5 would be high ducks , that's just a rough guide, in rough shooting terms anyway, would all depend on your quarry of course.😀

i normally us 28g for just about everything but i nearly always carry a couple of heavy ones in case i might need one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I shot off two boxes of the 31g no 6 at clay pigeons using the Miroku 20 Bore I bought for my daughters.

I wouldn't do it again ;)

Rosahane wrote:
    I wouldn't do it again

Recoil??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Recoil??

Yes indeed, fairly hefty recoil in a light gun. They broke the clays well though, even when the clays were well out, but I had a few bruises. Although shooting 50 in about 20 minutes was a bit extreme.
    It's very nice to shoot clays with the 24g 7.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Rosahane wrote: »
    It's very nice to shoot clays with the 24g 7.5.

24g loads are your friend.;):)

Caesar Guerini/Fabarm’s Syren came out with a line of guns with stocks actually designed to fit women’s bodies. Not inexpensive though.
    https://syrenusa.com/shotguns-for-women/

Franchi has the Catalyst O/U and Affinity semi auto with similar stock profiles as the Syren.
    http://www.franchiusa.com

Good luck with your search.
    DB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Only one option .243 ,

Oooh sorry taught ya said rifle :eek::D:D.

Advertisement