Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 month old- recipe ideas

Options
  • 02-11-2016 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

My daughter is weaned about 6 weeks now and I'm struggling for ideas for meals. At the minute she gets readybrek in the morn, fruit mid morning (a mix of whatever I've got but usually mango, pear, Apple, banana) and dinner at the moment is a mashed veg bowl with maybe some pear. She also eats a finger or two of toast during the day.
    However I'm having a terrible time at night with her and I think it might be wind thats bothering her. It's been particularly bad the last two nights which coincidentally were the nights that I introduced meat (chicken and beef, both blended with veg). Can anyone suguest some food which would be light on her tummy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

We found broccoli gave our kids terrible night wind in the beginning. Are you doing trafitional weaning or baby led weaning? What age is your little girl? Would you consider leaving off the meat for a while if you think that is the cause? They really don't need too much variety in the beginning anyway.

You could try some homemade soup. If you're really brave and not too afraid of mess you could soak a slice of bread in it and let her work away herself. Or pasta in a homemade tomato sauce. You can get the special tiny baby pasta if you're worried about the bigger pieces. Then after a few weeks, you could try introducing meat again by adding in bolognese. I did traditional weaning with my little boy and found that even though he could manage solid bits of pasta, he wasn't too keen on the mince texture in the beginning so I used to blend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭appledrop

Hi Yellow Hen not at this stage yet as my little guy is only 5mths so just on the fruit + veg purees but if your looking for recepies I have found the Annabel Karabel book brillant. So many ideas + really easy to make + then freeze them for later use.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My little guy (7 months) loves avocado - mashing it in his hands or on toast or potato farls. He also likes fish and mash - I fry some whiting, flake it (being very careful to remove bones) and mix it with mashed potatoes and carrots.

Advertisement