Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower tripping sometimes

Options
  • 02-11-2016 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Got house rewired last year. However the electric shower which was there before we moved in SOMETIMES trips one of the electrical board switches. It sometimes does it when we change the temp dial too quickly which is only every few months and sometimes does it when we turn off the shower. Only the shower is affected, no other sockets or trip switches. Shower looks only a few years old.

Any idea what is causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Just in case it is relevant, house we moved into had 3 phase so we kept that, there are 2 electric showers in house but we only ever use one. Also I think the electrician said the room the ensuite (tripping) shower is attached to is a fail safe room, i.e if electricity goes in main part of the house this room should still have electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Its very possible that the RCBO for the shower is too sensitive or is just faulty. If it's an old shower there is also a slim chance that water inside the shower is causing the tripping. I suggest you get a REC in to examine the shower, water in the shower is very visible as it leaves stains. It's much more likely though that he'll end up replacing the RCBO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mrplod

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Its very possible that the RCBO for the shower is too sensitive or is just faulty. If it's an old shower there is also a slim chance that water inside the shower is causing the tripping. I suggest you get a REC in to examine the shower, water in the shower is very visible as it leaves stains. It's much more likely though that he'll end up replacing the RCBO.

I would agree with this. Triton also had issues with an element that leaked causing random tripping of the RCBO. But that was a good few years ago

Advertisement