Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing issue

Options
  • 02-11-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    On the 14th of July I signed up for Eir Fibre solo package with a price of €45pm. I understand that I was locked into a contract for 6 months (I think) as a result. The email that confirms my order makes it clear there is no promotional period for this package, so it will be €45. See attached copy of the email.

However the day I got a bill for broadband, the bill is now €50. 

I've had no notification of this change? (I've searched my emails)

As a result of this change, can you confirm that the contract is now broken and I'm free to change supplier?

Thanks
    Rn 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

rn wrote: »
    Hi,
    On the 14th of July I signed up for Eir Fibre solo package with a price of €45pm. I understand that I was locked into a contract for 6 months (I think) as a result. The email that confirms my order makes it clear there is no promotional period for this package, so it will be €45. See attached copy of the email.

However the day I got a bill for broadband, the bill is now €50. 

I've had no notification of this change? (I've searched my emails)

As a result of this change, can you confirm that the contract is now broken and I'm free to change supplier?

Thanks
    Rn 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]rn,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and I'll check this?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sometimes the first bill will be slightly more expensive due to a part period charge. This will be in the 'service and connection' area of the bill. The 'service and connection charge' area of the bill does not necessarily indicate a connection charge but rather a charge for service from when the line and broadband was activated up until the commencement of the billing date (all bills are charged in advance).[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭rn

Thanks for sorting this out Pamela.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

rn wrote: »
    Thanks for sorting this out Pamela.
    No problem at all  rn, enjoy your weekend. :D

-Pamela 

Advertisement