Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED Aritech GS612/613 Need 4 or these

Options
  • 02-11-2016 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi Looking for 4 of these in White shock sensors I think these GS612 as they dont have the magnetic contact .

Does anyone have any of these for sale. I have def one gone but need some for spares.

Cheers

Gary

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Don't think we are allowed buying & selling here. If you look up the sticky there are a few suppliers listed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

thanks KoolKid

I managed to pick up some gs710. Can I ask though do you wire them the same as a gs612, the ones I have don't seem to have the pre wires to the block. Do you just wire the Red wires straight to the sensor or do you need to connect to the sensor to the bottom of the block where there are 2 small holes.

Cheers for any help

Gary

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You series in the contact on the outer 2 connections on the 4 terminal block with the 2 connections on the sensor head.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You series in the contact on the outer 2 connections on the 4 terminal block with the 2 connections on the sensor head.

So Currently the I have 2 6 core coming into the sensor. The Blue cables are twisted together and are on the first connection on the block. The Black cables are also twisted and are on the 4th of the block. The yellow are connected to tamper and the reds are on the 2 and 3 of the block. Thats the old GS613

With the HS710 can I just move the wiring Blue, Black and Yellow as is and then connect the red to the Sensor block rather than have it on the 2 & 3 of the main block as there currently is no connection from the sensor to the block on the GS710.

Gary

Yes
    Use 2 & 3 on the block as spares to join the blacks & blues.
    Wire the 2 yellows into the 2 blocks for the tamper & wire the 2 reds into the 2 terminals on the sensor head.
    Are you not using the built in magnetic contact?

• Advertisement

Thanks KoolKid....

Done. Bit of a pain to get all the wires stuffed into the 710 but all done and working. Tested with Multimedia. None of my Upstairs windows have magnetic contacts. For some reason the Installer put all 10 sensors (upstairs Windows) on the same zone. Is that normal to have that many sensors on the one Zone?

10 would be around the max. A bit lazy not putting the contacts on as well.

Advertisement