Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Christy Moore , Tommy Tiernan and The Coronas - calling it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

horgan_p wrote: »
    Christy Moore , Tommy Tiernan and The Coronas - calling it now.

Plus Imelda May and Nathan Carter :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Christy skipped this year so I'd say he's done. Didn't he say he wouldn't do anymore festival type shows there recently?

Either way, the Coronas are there so everyone mark your Marquee bingo cards.

My bets:

Walking on Cars, Picture This and Kodaline, with Imelda May and Nathan Carter close to a sure thing too.

Bell X1 returning to promote their new album too.

Al Porter to be the main 'comedy' attraction.

On the more interesting side of things... Elbow and Kasabian. Basing these on nothing, but there's always a few good shows there so let's say that these two will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Smaugstein

Little Mix were super last year, fingers crossed for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

With the way al porter is selling out around the country i wouldnt be surprised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Nathan Carter officially added.... any thoughts on this being a quick sell out? I've a sister in law who would be eternally in my debt if I got her tickets :)

Cliff Richard playing June 15th

Bacchus wrote: »
    Nathan Carter officially added.... any thoughts on this being a quick sell out? I've a sister in law who would be eternally in my debt if I got her tickets :)

He doing 3 Arena Dublin and SSE Belfast too so might not sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He doing 3 Arena Dublin and SSE Belfast too so might not sell out

Ya, got tickets no problem this morning :) Cheers

Christy Moore playing on Friday, July 14th with tickets are on sale next Thursday, November 24th

• Advertisement

Irish band of 2016 Picture This playing June 9th

Irish band of 2016 Picture This playing June 9th

They doing a 2nd date too

Elbow and Gavin James also added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They doing a 2nd date too

Elbow and Gavin James also added

Its a really poor lineup again for next year .
    The promoter just seems to be getting cheap acts in .
    Alot of the acts would be more suited to the opera house .

Look at the 2008 lineup and compare it to the the crud the last few years
    Eric Clapton,Dolly Parton,Lou Reed,Jay-Z,Morrissey,Meatloaf,Neil Young,Massive Attack,Paul Simon,Paul Weller,Pink
    The people of Cork were spoilt for choice that year.

Aiken needs to get a few decent acts in for next year .

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Zardoz wrote: »

Eric Clapton,Dolly Parton,Lou Reed,Jay-Z,Morrissey,Meatloaf,Neil Young,Massive Attack,Paul Simon,Paul Weller,Pink

Hear Hear!

Agree that none of the acts are of interest to me (Elbow maybe?)

But they're hardly 'more suited to the Opera House'.

Picture This already sold out one show and are on their way to selling out a second, the Coronas consistently sell out this (and bigger) arenas, and Gavin James too.

Elbow sold it out the last time they were here and Christy Moore is (for reasons I can't fathom!) a consistent draw. Nathan Carter too and I'm pretty sure Elton John and Cliff Richard were close to sellouts (if not sold out) last time.

We may not like a lot of the acts, but they sell consistently and you need those acts to finance the odd gamble here and there.

If you look at the relatively mediocre turn out for Beck a few years ago and the National (the second time, think the first one was a sell-out) it's no wonder Aiken are playing it relatively safe with the first batch.

I'd expect a good few acts to come after Christmas and hopefully that's when the interesting stuff gets added, but without the guaranteed sell-outs, nothing interesting would be there so we just need to bide our time!!

Plus, this way, I may actually be able to afford tickets without the worry of Christmas hanging over me!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

With the way al porter is selling out around the country i wouldnt be surprised

And he is now confirmed for it

Christy skipped this year so I'd say he's done. Didn't he say he wouldn't do anymore festival type shows there recently?

Either way, the Coronas are there so everyone mark your Marquee bingo cards.

My bets:

Walking on Cars, Picture This and Kodaline, with Imelda May and Nathan Carter close to a sure thing too.

Bell X1 returning to promote their new album too.

Al Porter to be the main 'comedy' attraction.

On the more interesting side of things... Elbow and Kasabian. Basing these on nothing, but there's always a few good shows there so let's say that these two will be there.

I'm on a f*cking roll lads.

And he is now confirmed for it

They are really scraping the barrel now .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

They are really scraping the barrel now .

I'm not a fan but he's selling out anywhere he goes. The lad is a future superstar I'd say. Fair fcuks to him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh i just missed some annoucement on 4Fm and just got the end mentioning Phil Collins!! I wonder is he coming... Yeah must say they need to liven the acts up a bit, have the usuals every second year or so..Love the venue though cant beat it,

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh i just missed some annoucement on 4Fm and just got the end mentioning Phil Collins!! I wonder is he coming... Yeah must say they need to liven the acts up a bit, have the usuals every second year or so..Love the venue though cant beat it,

Aviva on 25th of June

Aviva on 25th of June

The Marquee is free around that date too , perhaps a warm up gig there ??:D

The Marquee is free around that date too , perhaps a warm up gig there ??:D

90 euros upwards ticket price in Aviva so probably around 120 euros upwards in Marquee :p

Noooooo, fecks sake the Aviva is too big.. I have never been there but im sure tis big hate large venues..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Noooooo, fecks sake the Aviva is too big.. I have never been there but im sure tis big hate large venues..

Ya it's big but it's actually a really nice stadium.

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya it's big but it's actually a really nice stadium.

Is it good for concerts then.. I dont know i never get going to concerts in venues like this. Where your watching a screen most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is it good for concerts then.. I dont know i never get going to concerts in venues like this. Where your watching a screen most of the time

Well I was only there once, was at a Michael Buble concert,I was sittting in the stand at the back, they had Avery big screen so was able to see everything, thought it was very good. I don't mind watching screens as I always get seat tickets for concerts.

90 euros upwards ticket price in Aviva so probably around 120 euros upwards in Marquee :p

We might get Noel Gallagher supporting him in Cork though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

We might get Noel Gallagher supporting him in Cork though :D

I would love to see Noel Gallagher and his band again, the best gig I was at in the marque.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping for The Weeknd

Advertisement