Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tommy Tiernan Saturday 24th of June

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for The Weeknd

lol i'd love it as well but let's be realistic. beck 2 years ago was great

Would they not try and get Ed Sheeran for a few nights :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Would they not try and get Ed Sheeran for a few nights :P

lol
    Aiken only seems to be getting cheap acts in these days .
    I thought last years lineup was bad but this year is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Idina Menzel coming on June 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I would love to see Noel Gallagher and his band again, the best gig I was at in the marque.

Indeead noel and kodeline were the best gigs i was i at there

Indeead noel and kodeline were the best gigs i was i at there

lol,I think ye missed the irony in my post .

Noel Gallagher quotes on Phil Collins

"People f*cking hate ***** like Phil Collins, and if they don't — they f*cking should"

"Why did he sell so many records in the '80s? I mean, f*cking hell"

"Vote Labour. If you don't and the Tories get in, Phil Collins is threatening to come back from Switzerland and live here — and none of us want that." (on the 2005 General election"

"You can't kill the anti-Christ"

""Phil Collins knows he can't say anything about me because I'm the ****ing bollocks and that's the thing that does his head in, and the fact that he's bald."

Idina Menzel coming on June 25th.

Besides the song from Frozen and some from Wicked, would she have a big back catalogue of songs?

Besides the song from Frozen and some from Wicked, would she have a big back catalogue of songs?

When she was in the Bórd Gáis recently she sang a lot of Broadway hits. She has some of her own albums too with original songs. Her Dublin show sold out in minutes-can't see it being that swift here but you never know!

Her Dublin show sold out in minutes-can't see it being that swift here but you never know!

Just had a quick look there ,tickets are 76 euro plus fees !
    Ridiculous price ,I thought it would be about half that.

• Advertisement

When she was in the Bórd Gáis recently she sang a lot of Broadway hits. She has some of her own albums too with original songs. Her Dublin show sold out in minutes-can't see it being that swift here but you never know!

She would be better suited for Opera House so and holy fook the price

That's crazy expensive! Opera House would be much better suited.

That's crazy expensive! Opera House would be much better suited.

Most of the acts playing the Marquee this year would be better suited to the Opera House

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I think people saying the Opera House would be underestimating her appeal quite a bit, and while I agree the tickets are in the high side, she's hugely popular stateside and I can see the same here. It's a bit of a coup to get her here instead of Dublin on her world tour, unless a date will be added there as well.

2fm dj Jenny Greene and Orchestra also added priced €49

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Would love to see her as I love 90s dance though 49.50 is pricey.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I've heard great reports from the prev show in Electric Picnic.
    Think it would be a good gig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is there anywhere you can look to see the set list of songs Jenny Greene would play?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Trust me lads, its soo worth going to Jenny Greene and the Orchestra!! I was at the gig in Dublin in November, and it'll just blow you away. Its 2 hours of proper 90's 'choons', but its so odd to get your head around the fact that its a full concert orchestra right in front of you making the music. Did notice in the 3 Arena is was very much an older crowd than I was expecting at it, but I suppose the music is all 20 years old anyway. Great expierience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

no idea what she does in all this apart from pushing a button here and there, and its an idea thats been done, much better by others and before she ever thought of it.

Each to their own and all that but I have no respect for Jennys effort tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

ofcork wrote: »
    Would love to see her as I love 90s dance though 49.50 is pricey.

The prices for LATM are ridiculously expensive

Would this sound well in the tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

CianDon wrote: »
    .. but its so odd to get your head around the fact that its a full concert orchestra right in front of you making the music.

but this isn't fully true, it's a set of decks at the back that's producing the music while the orchestra provide a few strings and some other accompaniments really. Pete Tong did it properly but now RTE have realised it's a nice earner for them so they are flogging it.

I love a good 90s rave as much as the next balding 40 year old but I'll give this a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'll be heading to the 90's concert orchestra gig if I can get tickets. I don't think €50 is overly pricey tbh however this may be my first time going to the Marquee so I'm okay with paying a little extra for a first time gig I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They seem to be increasing the ticket prices of gigs there because Nathan Carters tickets cost more this time then when he played there last year. The Artists don't play as long in the Marquee so that should reflect the price. Elton Johns tickets are really expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

artists typically set the prices and if they see that people are willing to pay the prices then they will happily charge it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bryan Adams (July 11) and Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul (June 22) added today.

The latter is a solo project from Steven Van Zandt, with this gig billed as an Irish exclusive.

Can't say there's much drawing my eye this year tbh! Could be the first one in about 6 years I have skipped entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Have to go to Bryan Adams - I've missed him too many times now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Bryan Adams (July 11) and Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul (June 22) added today.

The latter is a solo project from Steven Van Zandt, with this gig billed as an Irish exclusive.

Can't say there's much drawing my eye this year tbh! Could be the first one in about 6 years I have skipped entirely.
    just checked website, Bryan Adams isn't listed. Where did you hear this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

august12 wrote: »
    just checked website, Bryan Adams isn't listed. Where did you hear this?

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/bryan-adams-announces-irish-summer-tour-35512251.html

Announced this morning. It's in the Evening Echo, on local radio, etc.

Advertisement