Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

thanks for that, tickets on sale March 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cliff Richard 15th June .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

this is getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Seriously what is with the ticket pricing of the concerts this year? They're a f*cking joke, just looked up tickets for Bryan Adams and €91 for seating when he played there three years ago and it was €70 for a seated ticket. Who's pushing up the price the Artist or the promoter?

And €81 to stand.

Same with Nathan Carter was €28 last year now €35.

It doesn't make sense that a Bryan Adams ticket costs more than an Elton John ticket.

fin12 wrote: »
    Seriously what is with the ticket pricing of the concerts this year? They're a f*cking joke, just looked up tickets for Bryan Adams and €91 for seating when he played there three years ago and it was €70 for a seated ticket. Who's pushing up the price the Artist or the promoter?

And €81 to stand.

It doesn't make sense that a Bryan Adams ticket costs more than an Elton John ticket.

in fairness, I'd pay €81 to get out of a Nathan Carter gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

And €81 to stand.

Nathan Carter fans will pay any amount.

He has a very loyal fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

..Who's pushing up the price the Artist or the promoter?

The artist typically has the say on price. Of course this is based on previous sales in the venue/general area, so if the artist had good sales figures the last time he/she was here then they will naturally increase the ticket prices as the demand is deemed to be high enough to sustain it...and this will continue until people decide not to pay it, simple economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The artist typically has the say on price. Of course this is based on previous sales in the venue/general area, so if the artist had good sales figures the last time he/she was here then they will naturally increase the ticket prices as the demand is deemed to be high enough to sustain it...and this will continue until people decide not to pay it, simple economics.

Well if it is down to Bryan, it's dissapointing, he's last show there didn't even sell out.

Emeli Sande ! just announced for July 10th...that's quite a coup but tickets will be like gold dust. Tickets on sale this coming Friday 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

The Steve van zandt gig has been cancelled for some reason playing in Dublin alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bigbrotherfan

Andip wrote: »
    Emeli Sande ! just announced for July 10th...that's quite a coup but tickets will be like gold dust. Tickets on sale this coming Friday 31st
    I would have no interest in many of the other acts but Emeli Sande will be a sell out.

Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, Thursday 6th July

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

A great act in his day ,with a massive catalogue of hits ,but at 83 he should not be touring anymore .
    I saw him in Dublin a few years ago and he mimed the whole concert .
    It was embarrassingly bad to be honest ,he didn't even try to make it look like he was singing .
    It was even mentioned on the Liveline
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/programmes/2015/0709/713710-liveline-thursday-9-july-2015/?clipid=1926078
    The band and his backing singers were very good but its no good if Frankie's voice is a tape.
    It seem's he hasn't sang live in about 15 years.

The mammy will want to go though ,I didn't have the heart to tell her Frankie was miming the last time.

They're ripping the piss at this stage.
    Anyone interested in going to that gig would die from exposure from all the draughts in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jenny Greene and the RTE orchestra will play a second date after sold out first date show, tickets on sale Thursday 11 May at 9am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jenny Greene and the RTE orchestra will play a second date after sold out first date show, tickets on sale Thursday 11 May at 9am

Heard this yesterday.. I'll be getting tickets this time 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

My god thats awful :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Idina Menzel coming on June 25th.

I think she cancelled now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I think she cancelled now

Presumably because nobody bought a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

kcb wrote: »
    Presumably because nobody bought a ticket?

Way too expensive anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

There was a piece in the Echo yesterday about restictions on bags going into the Marquee in the wake of the Manchester attacks.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Extra-security-checks-for-Marquee-gigs-following-Manchester-attack-1ccdc00d-710b-4ace-ac8c-38020c644294-ds
    [/SECURITY at the upcoming Live at the Marquee concerts in Cork is being increased in the wake of the Manchester concert bombing with backpacks, larger purses and bags banned from performances and full body pat down searches to take place.

Those attending the gigs have been told that only purses measuring 4.5 inches x 6.5 inches or smaller will be allowed into the venue "due to recent events and heightened awareness," the email states.

Now it doesnt say anywhere what happens to people that turn up with larger purses/bags, I'm assuming these people will just be searched more thoroughly and left through or else youre going to end up with a lot of people being denied entry.

The size restriciton above, 4.5 x 6.5 inches is tiny really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

GavRedKing wrote: »
    4.5 x 6.5 inches is tiny really.

I was told it's bigger than average actually

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Now it doesnt say anywhere what happens to people that turn up with larger purses/bags, I'm assuming these people will just be searched more thoroughly and left through or else youre going to end up with a lot of people being denied entry.

I suppose given the times we live in if people just use common sense, allow plenty of time for such checks etc and don't be making life hard for the security lads it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Just wondering what the chances of the Cliff Richard date being sold out. Seem to remember it was last time?

murphym7 wrote: »
    Just wondering what the chances of the Cliff Richard date being sold out. Seem to remember it was last time?

Nine times out of ten...

I'll get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Off to a great start with Eddie Vedder last night. I really enjoyed it,anyone else here at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Totally amazing, except for idiots with phones. Could have done with more security up the front

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

jadie wrote: »
    Totally amazing, except for idiots with phones. Could have done with more security up the front

I really think all artists should announce a videoing on phone ban at gigs.

The idiots with phones really make my blood boil!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I really think all artists should announce a videoing on phone ban at gigs.

The idiots with phones really make my blood boil!

They were completely banned at Don Henley last year..it was announced on the radio prior to the concert and numerous times at the venue before the gig..it was absolutely brilliant..it's ridiculous that people can't enjoy any occasion now without photographs and recording..I'd be delighted if it was banned for all concerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

they did make an announcement but people choose to ignore it. Flashes going off, the lot.

Advertisement