Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

jadie wrote: »
    they did make an announcement but people choose to ignore it. Flashes going off, the lot.

I can live with people taking the odd photo, it's videoing it does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Does anyone know what the situation is with special needs / wheelchair accessible parking? Need a space nearby to the Marquee for the Nathan Carter gig and no idea what the options are. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭goochy

Are there not normally more acts sold out in advance in previous years ?
    went to see al porter Friday . About 90 percent full. Very good - didn't realise he was so politically incorrect and crude - not thst I am complaining .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

@bacchus I know you can park on the road near the entrance if you arrive early you may get parking very near.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Bacchus wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the situation is with special needs / wheelchair accessible parking? Need a space nearby to the Marquee for the Nathan Carter gig and no idea what the options are. Cheers.

There's a carpark right at the entrance..I think it's about 5e but not certain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Heading to Jenny Greene tonight! Looking forward to it immensely! Seen videos from last night and looks excellent

ofcork wrote: »
    @bacchus I know you can park on the road near the entrance if you arrive early you may get parking very near.

Cheers.

That's quite shocking though if that's all that's on offer... street parking... if you're lucky. A venue hosting gigs should be providing accessible parking!

Colser wrote: »
    There's a carpark right at the entrance..I think it's about 5e but not certain.

Cheers. Any idea if there's many wheelchair spots?

Anyone else have any insight?

You won't have far to go . Did spot someone with wheelchair user parked in middle of car park

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Heading to Jenny Greene tonight! Looking forward to it immensely! Seen videos from last night and looks excellent

10/10

many there ?

• Advertisement

goochy wrote: »
    many there ?

Security said 5000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Was it very hot in the tent? Heading to Elton John tomorrow and trying to decide what to wear.

Miaireland wrote: »
    Was it very hot in the tent? Heading to Elton John tomorrow and trying to decide what to wear.

I kept hydrated so I'm not sure

Stella cider was amazing!

Might follow your tip!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Was at Jenny Green etc last night, Yes, it was boiling...very stuffy but it didn't ruin the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Saturday night...20 minute queue for a pint...

Dbu wrote: »
    Saturday night...20 minute queue for a pint...

Was never waiting longer then 3/4 mins for a drink tho I believe all the people who went in at 6 were waiting ages initially.. we didn't go in till 7:45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Was never waiting longer then 3/4 mins for a drink tho I believe all the people who went in at 6 were waiting ages initially.. we didn't go in till 7:45

Between 7 and 8pm Saturday night was a joke. Queue was a mile long. Timed it. guys queue jumping and security doing feck all about it.

Was at Elton John there last night. Arrived about half seven and very little queues at the bar. Seemed to be two members of staff at each till point, one taking money and one giving you drinks.

Was surprised not to be pat down going into the concert. They checked my bag and really checked my water bottle to make sure it was not opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Quick question, it's about 8 years since I last went to marquee. How far in can you get without a ticket?
    Will be meeting people there who'll have the tickets but don't particularly want to hang around at the entrance. They'll be driving and parking there so just wondering where's the best spot to meet.

Like can we get a bite to eat / drink while waiting outside the security zone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Karmella wrote: »
    Quick question, it's about 8 years since I last went to marquee. How far in can you get without a ticket?
    Will be meeting people there who'll have the tickets but don't particularly want to hang around at the entrance. They'll be driving and parking there so just wondering where's the best spot to meet.

Whenever I was there, the ticket check was halfway down the entrance which splits the car park.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Karmella wrote: »

No place to eat/drink before getting the ticket checked, you'll have to wait outside imo.
    They wouldn't be too happy with people hanging around in the entrance area.

what are the crowds like at gigs ? very few sold out in advance. Al Porter was about 3/4 or more full.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

goochy wrote: »
    what are the crowds like at gigs ? very few sold out in advance. Al Porter was about 3/4 or more full.

Both gigs I was at were sold out ,Eddie Vedder and Elton John ,still plenty of standing room there though.

Third time seeing Elton there last night and it was pretty disappointing if I'm honest.
    The sound was poor ,Elton sounded like he had a cold ,his voice is gone I think .
    The setlist was questionable,not enough uptempo songs or his hits .
    The crowd were lifeless,too many people talking ,going to the bar ,very annoying .
    It seemed like he was just going through the motions compared to the last two times which were great.

Karmella wrote:
    Quick question, it's about 8 years since I last went to marquee. How far in can you get without a ticket? Will be meeting people there who'll have the tickets but don't particularly want to hang around at the entrance. They'll be driving and parking there so just wondering where's the best spot to meet.

Karmella wrote:

No you will only get halfway up the carpark before you will need to show your tickets.

I thought the sound for Elton was poor at the start. Really shocked at the volume of people who were going out to the bar throughout although given the heat I can't blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No you will only get halfway up the carpark before you will need to show your tickets.

I thought the sound for Elton was poor at the start. Really shocked at the volume of people who were going out to the bar throughout although given the heat I can't blame them.

I dont know why alot of these people go to gigs.
    They spend the best part of a hundred euro on a ticket and then proceed to spend most of the night going to the bar or talking .
    All I can think is that alot of the tickets sold are complimentary tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

Thanks peeps, that's what I thought alright....will just have to arrange to meet them at the car park entrance so.

They checked my bag and really checked my water bottle to make sure it was not opened.

You've just reminded me, didn't they put restrictions on bag sizes this year (after the Manchester attacks)? Is that in force?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

You've just reminded me, didn't they put restrictions on bag sizes this year (after the Manchester attacks)? Is that in force?

Well I took a tiny bag because of that..I didn't see anyone trying to go in with a big one so I'm not sure if it's enforced but I'd say that they'd just give it a good search.

RE. Elton John I enjoyed it but wouldn't go to see him again,definitely my least favourite act that I've seen there.I just felt it never really got going but not sure if it was the crowd or song selection.My friends had seen him previously and all felt that this concert wasn't as good as the others.I do love the marquee as a venue though but maybe they need to try and get some new/different acts in future.

• Advertisement

I had a tiny clutch bag. They checked that. I didn't see anyone with large bags or backpacks.

I also brought a bottle of water and they did check to make sure the seal was not broken on it. I could bring it in as it was unopenned.

Advertisement