Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Emile Sande gig on the 10th July cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

lukin wrote: »
    Emile Sande gig on the 10th July cancelled.

Feck all tickets sold

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭goochy

Tickets pricey , assume lack of interest reason ?
    Very few concerts sold out this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That's three concerts this year at the Marquee cancelled or moved to a different venue.
    Idina Menzel and Steve Van Zandt were always going to struggle ,I'd have thought Emeli Sande would have done better though.

Poor form to cancel it at such short notice though.
    Aiken needs to up his ante,the standard of acts appearing at the Marquee over the last few years has been in serious decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

I wonder would aiken give up on the marquee with puc back in use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think the ticket prices for a lot of the shows are too expensive, most acts don't play as long as they normally would in other Venus. Seems to me most acts only play for an hour n half. The ticket price should reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

fin12 wrote: »
    I think the ticket prices for a lot of the shows are too expensive, most acts don't play as long as they normally would in other Venus. Seems to me most acts only play for an hour n half. The ticket price should reflect this.

to be honest with you and hour and a half is the norm now for most gigs. The exception being big stars with 20+ years back-catalog like Bruce Springsteen, Guns N' Roses, The Cure to name just a few of the big recent touring acts.

to be honest with you and hour and a half is the norm now for most gigs. The exception being big stars with 20+ years back-catalog like Bruce Springsteen, Guns N' Roses, The Cure to name just a few of the big recent touring acts.

Well the majority of concerts I've ever been to the have all been 2 hours Plus it's only the shows in the marquee that I've been at hour n half concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Wrong thread?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hey folks, down next week with the wife for Bryan Adams, I know Cork well but never been to the Marquee. What's the taxi situation like post gig?

Hey folks, down next week with the wife for Bryan Adams, I know Cork well but never been to the Marquee. What's the taxi situation like post gig?

Traffic is very heavy and slow after a concert down there, I think you are better off walking back to the city after the concert and getting a taxi then from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Loads of taxis available to the left of the exit afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

There is normally a good few taxis outside the Marquee when you go out. Might be easier though to walk into town and get one. Rather than sitting in traffic for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Tell your wife to go for comfort rather than style shoe wise..I'm still suffering blisters from the walk last week 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Well the majority of concerts I've ever been to the have all been 2 hours Plus it's only the shows in the marquee that I've been at hour n half concerts.

went to see Future Islands last night in the Opera House, they played for 90 mins and then did a 20 minute encore. Was a brilliant show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Was there too. They do put on a great show. Happy actually it was in the opera house rather than the marquee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I was at Gavin James Last year it was 35 mins gig we where all like WTF when he just went off stage so fast !!!!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

I was at Gavin James Last year it was 35 mins gig we where all like WTF when he just went off stage so fast !!!!!!.
    I suppose he only has about 5 songs.

I would have expected a few covers or something like ?.

He came on the stage at 9 and we on the way back into the city at 9.40 :O.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

You'd expect a longer encore

• Registered Users Posts: 86,660 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

:eek: and I bet his tickets were priced well over 30 euros

Speaking of encores i was at green day last week and there encore was 5 songs and they played for 30 mins for the encore !!!. Nearly longer than poor gavin James.

I think the tickets where 34 euros I got it for free as no one else wanted to go with one of the lads and I was like free gig how bad.

Like I seen gavin support the corneas years ago in Waterford and his sit was nearly the same length! !!

Speaking of encores i was at green day last week and there encore was 5 songs and they played for 30 mins for the encore !!!. Nearly longer than poor gavin James.

I think the tickets where 34 euros I got it for free as no one else wanted to go with one of the lads and I was like free gig how bad.

Like I seen gavin support the corneas years ago in Waterford and his sit was nearly the same length! !!
    How long did the Green Day concert last? I saw them in Marley Park years ago and they played for 3 hours.

How long did the Green Day concert last? I saw them in Marley Park years ago and they played for 3 hours.

Over 2 and 1/2 hours played near 30 songs.

65 euros I think the tickets where. Bargain when you look at the ticket prices now !!!

Petty about the weather there last week but was a fantastic gig so much fun !!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

That's an absolute disgrace .
    A waste of time going down there for 40 minutes .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

First time heading to the Marquee tonight for Gavin James with herself, just wondering if there's anybody on before? Gig says 8pm, but no mention of an act being on beforehand on ticketmasters website or the mails I got from them with tickets etc.

D'Agger wrote: »
    First time heading to the Marquee tonight for Gavin James with herself, just wondering if there's anybody on before? Gig says 8pm, but no mention of an act being on beforehand on ticketmasters website or the mails I got from them with tickets etc.

usually the main acts come on stage around then. Im going to Nathan Carter on Saturday says gates open 6:30pm, show 8pm. so id be there for 8 anyway,

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

D'Agger wrote: »

He's on stage at 9 according to the Live at the Marquee Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

we can expect a review so about 9.40

Advertisement