Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Genius of Mesut Ozil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah jaysus man. Can you not just enjoy some wonderful footballers.

Of course I can, Coutinho can be just as enjoyable to watch as Ozil at times, sometimes more, but you've been harping on about Coutinho in this thread since the first page. We get it, you like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Of course I can, Coutinho can be just as enjoyable to watch as Ozil at times, sometimes more, but you've been harping on about Coutinho in this thread since the first page. We get it, you like him.

I do I like him a lot but I can still appreciate Ozil so it's all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I do I like him a lot but I can still appreciate Ozil so it's all good.

I don't think you can because all you've done is appreciate Coutinho and diss Ozil.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I don't think you can because all you've done is appreciate Coutinho and diss Ozil.

In fairness I have only knocked ozil from being a genius and world class where I don't think he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

F*cking hell 13 pages in and still talking about Coutinho.

I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I don't think any Arsenal fan in this thread has gone on like we have won the league or champions league multiple times. So I don't know what the delusion comment is about. They are just saying what a top player Ozil is, nothing wrong with that.
    He's not as good as they are making him out to be is the point. Also they seem to be very fragile. Maybe the other EPL fans on here have been taking the piss out of them too much for their team being perennial bottle merchants.

If Ozil was so good how come he's not won that much of note in his career, a World Cup medal with Germany and a La Liga title with Real and a few Cup medals, and that's it. I think he needs to win more before he is deserving of some of the superlatives that have been bestowed on him in this thread. Maybe it's a joke thread.

So much bull shít.

So much bull shít.
    Indeed. starting with the op.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    He's not as good as they are making him out to be is the point. Also they seem to be very fragile. Maybe the other EPL fans on here have been taking the piss out of them too much for their team being perennial bottle merchants.

If Ozil was so good how come he's not won that much of note in his career, a World Cup medal with Germany and a La Liga title with Real and a few Cup medals, and that's it. I think he needs to win more before he is deserving of some of the superlatives that have been bestowed on him in this thread. Maybe it's a joke thread.

Yea, sure Matt LeTissier was a terrible player too.

Yea, sure Matt LeTissier was a terrible player too.
    Don't think anyone said Ozil was a terrible player, just undeserving of the ott gushing praise on this thread perhaps.

• Advertisement

World class players inspire their teams to greater heights. Have arsenal achieved this since ozil arrived.

World class players inspire their teams to greater heights. Have arsenal achieved this since ozil arrived.

Ronaldo and messi have never won a world cup. They must be terrible players. You think you're clever but you're just making yourself look really f*cking stupid now.

Don't think anyone said Ozil was a terrible player, just undeserving of the ott gushing praise on this thread perhaps.
    No but you're saying that a players greatness is all down to his medal count.
    Eh.. yes. We went 8 years (?) without winning anything and have won two FA cups since he arrived and steadily climbed the table year on year. He's part of a building process and a vital one at that. He's not reached the heights we hope he will reach with Arsenal as we do hope there is more silverware to come, but he has steadily improved the team and already helped bring us silverware that we couldn't win without him.

He will never reach the heights of finishing 8th place or wherever Coutinho usually finishes. If he was any good surely Liverpool would have won the PL by now?

Ronaldo and messi have never won a world cup. They must be terrible players. You think you're clever but you're just making yourself look really f*cking stupid now.

Ronaldo won a European championship with a very average team. Messi lost two finals.

He will never reach the heights of finishing 8th place or wherever Coutinho usually finishes. If he was any good surely Liverpool would have won the PL by now?

I thought you were done kid.

No but you're saying that a players greatness is all down to his medal count.

Eh.. yes. We went 8 years (?) without winning anything and have won two FA cups since he arrived and steadily climbed the table year on year. He's part of a building process and a vital one at that. He's not reached the heights we hope he will reach with Arsenal as we do hope there is more silverware to come, but he has steadily improved the team and already helped bring us silverware that we couldn't win without him.

I like you Quazzie. You Talk sense but arsenal have been very stagnant for the last few years. You can not deny this. Listen he is a brilliant player but arsenal need a player to inspire them to the next level. I actually want arsenal to reach these level, my best mate is an an arsenal fan and I want to see him happy.

I like you Quazzie. You Talk sense but arsenal have been very stagnant for the last few years. You can not deny this. Listen he is a brilliant player but arsenal need a player to inspire them to the next level. I actually want arsenal to reach these level, my best mate is an an arsenal fan and I want to see him happy.

Arsenal have been stagnant. They are climbing the table, 3rd to 2nd, but still the same distance off the top in terms of points. I agree that Arsenal need a player to inspire them, but I think in the absence of said player, many players are stepping up. Ozil done it at the start of last year. Walcott and Sanchez in their current form are the ones we have now. Personally I think Mustafi and Coquelin answer two major questions in our team. Mustafi for me is a Mertesacker with some pace, and Coquelin is the grit in the team we needed for so long. I personally think Coquelin is the most underrated player in our team, because he lacks a price tag so people don't trust him because of it.

What we really need though is for the flash in the pan players (Sanchez and Walcott current form) to drag out their form over the course of a season, or even several seasons. On their day, Arsenal are the best in the league, and that is undeniable. Our issue is it's like we don't know till we're in the game if it's our day or not. We need to get consistency and bring the game to opposition instead of letting them dictate.

Anyways I'm rambling. To get back on topic. Ozil is an exceptional talent, and some might say he is wasting his talent at Arsenal, but I don't. He's part of something, and he might be part of something special hopefully very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

At least he's not a mercenary

Arsenal have been stagnant. They are climbing the table, 3rd to 2nd, but still the same distance off the top in terms of points. I agree that Arsenal need a player to inspire them, but I think in the absence of said player, many players are stepping up. Ozil done it at the start of last year. Walcott and Sanchez in their current form are the ones we have now. Personally I think Mustafi and Coquelin answer two major questions in our team. Mustafi for me is a Mertesacker with some pace, and Coquelin is the grit in the team we needed for so long. I personally think Coquelin is the most underrated player in our team, because he lacks a price tag so people don't trust him because of it.

What we really need though is for the flash in the pan players (Sanchez and Walcott current form) to drag out their form over the course of a season, or even several seasons. On their day, Arsenal are the best in the league, and that is undeniable. Our issue is it's like we don't know till we're in the game if it's our day or not. We need to get consistency and bring the game to opposition instead of letting them dictate.

Anyways I'm rambling. To get back on topic. Ozil is an exceptional talent, and some might say he is wasting his talent at Arsenal, but I don't. He's part of something, and he might be part of something special hopefully very soon.

And that is why you a great poster you talk sense but still see the problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

And that is why you a great poster you talk sense but still see the problems.

Critical thinking, honesty, lack of bias. Whatever you want to call it, it's impressive.

YOU SHOULD TRY IT!!!!!

gosplan wrote: »
    Critical thinking, honesty, lack of bias. Whatever you want to call it, it's impressive.

YOU SHOULD TRY IT!!!!!

Yes possibly, i usually post with my heart though. jaysus im very near 10000 posts i dont want to waste it talking arsenal

Yes possibly, i usually post with my heart though. jaysus im very near 10000 posts i dont want to waste it talking arsenal

It's boards. Home of wasted time.

10,000 posts of meaningless blrugghhhh.

Think of having tried a new skill 10,000 times.

You'd be playing Mozart on the flute by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Christ what would Arsenal fans on here be like if they ever actually won a valued competition like the CL or their own league again? You'd swear they've won multiple league titles and CL's with Ozil as their main man by the way they're going on. Truth is they've never won the CL/European Cup - never - and the last time they won their domestic league was all of 12 seasons ago? Laughable delusion.:pac:

If only we played in a mickey mouse league like Celtic do every year :pac:

And yet here you are 15 pages deep..."kid"

And yet here you are 15 pages deep..."kid"

If Ozil posted on boards he'd be on 5 pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thought some on here would appreciate this

https://twitter.com/amylawrence71/status/794825930732634112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Try using your head for a change niallo :D

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    If Ozil posted on boards he'd be on 5 pages

And 95% quality posts

(Which beats the average by about 94%)

• Advertisement

Anyone near 10000 posts missed the opportunity to not waste time.

Christ, imagine what you'd be able to do with 10,000 shots at anything?

You'd probably be able to carve your own flute and then play Mozart on it.

Ozeeel even assisting the opposition :pac:

Imagine if he scored that chance he had there which he would have if he was one of the real top players, this thread would 've went into meltdown. Good free kick just after it though.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    We don't have a choice about what domestic league we play in, not yet anyway. We did win the European Cup though.

We don't have a choice about what domestic league we play in, not yet anyway. We did win the European Cup though.
    LOL. And I thought Liverpool fans lived in the past but to hear Celtic fans trying to validate their current club with a European cup win is as delusional as their manager. Celtic haven't been relevant since Rangers went down. No one gives a second though to Celtic anymore because when the derby died they might aswell have died too. Give it a year or two for Rangers to pick themselves up properly the world might care about ye again.

LOL. And I thought Liverpool fans lived in the past but to hear Celtic fans trying to validate their current club with a European cup win is as delusional as their manager. Celtic haven't been relevant since Rangers went down. No one gives a second though to Celtic anymore because when the derby died they might aswell have died too. Give it a year or two for Rangers to pick themselves up properly the world might care about ye again.
    It's so sad that you don't care. Lol.

• Advertisement

My stream stalled are ye still winning the battle of the bottle merchants?

Only team in the history of the Premier Lge to go unbeaten in a season. Bottlers indeed :pac:

Check Aertel

Think we should change the name of this thread to couthino. Brilliant again today compared to an anonymous display by ozil.

• niallo27 wrote: »
    Think we should change the name of this thread to couthino. Brilliant again today compared to an anonymous display by ozil.

lol classic niallo27

Ozil a better player by a mile lad

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    lol classic niallo27

Ozil a better player by a mile lad

Gap is closing fast. He was unplayable again today.

See Arsenal'a goal

Gap is closing fast. He was unplayable again today.

Coutinio has been good I will give you that and his consistency is improving
    But he's still way off getting anywhere close to Ozil
    Ozil is underrated for so long
    And I'm a Utd fan, hate that Ozil plays for Arsenal

Coutinio has been good I will give you that and his consistency is improving
    But he's still way off getting anywhere close to Ozil
    Ozil is underrated for so long
    And I'm a Utd fan, hate that Ozil plays for Arsenal

Oh I know who you support. Underrated by who, Arsenal fans are telling us for years he is one of the greatest players in the world.

Oh I know who you support. Underrated by who, Arsenal fans are telling us for years he is one of the greatest players in the world.

By everyone who is not an Arsenal fan

By everyone who is not an Arsenal fan
    Don't think Ozil's underrated at all. He's definitely overrated by the op and his pals on this thread though.

• TheCitizen wrote: »
    Don't think Ozil's underrated at all. He's definitely overrated by the op and his pals on this thread though.

Why so?

Only team in the history of the Premier Lge to go unbeaten in a season. Bottlers indeed :pac:
    That's a good while ago, it's a good spell since they won their domestic league as well.

The irony of that statement from a Celtic fan...

That's a good while ago, it's a good spell since they won their domestic league as well.

I think you'll find its the same length of time...

• Advertisement
Advertisement