Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

Really thinking of running this one. I'm in Paris that weekend for work anyway. Worried that I'd be alone if I got injured though. It would be only my 2nd marathon (Dublin this year was great- no problems at all and ran 3hr49.04)
    Perhaps if we got a group together......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I'm going, looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Registered myself, steep enough fee!

you're right there!! great route though. The last few miles are uphill though. Have run parts of the route in training for Dublin while working there

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

This is a great marathon , well organised and great support , there is a slight rise in the last few km, I wouldn't call it a hill , .

• Advertisement

ran it at the end of a 30k in prep for Dublin......maybe thats why it felt like a hill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

I have entered this and really looking forward to it. Training has gone to plan so far and I am up to 18 miles on my LSR. The weather has been benign so far and I'm hoping it keeps up. Won't feel the time go until April :).

20 miler yesterday. Need to get my cert sorted now is the next step. Im reading that a lot "produce" their own, but I think its not the worst thing in the world actually getting a quick check up to make sure I not dying or anything. Hopefully.

Got the cert sorted this week, so all the red tape in order. Struggling a bit with the training in the last few weeks tbh. I have a few niggles and a bit of a drag on the chest. Think the mileage has caught up with me as I did not have much of a base before starting the marathon training plan. I feel like I peeked 5 weeks ago. Still I am pleased I have stuck religiously to the plan which will help me mentally on the day. Hopefully when I start the taper Sunday week I will start to come around again. It's getting close now folks :)

Anyone know at what point they hand out gels during the race? Can't see anything on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Toffeeboy

Do they do Gels?

No mention of them Toffee.

I am delighted to see that they use bottles instead of quarter filled cups though.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Interesting to see Siobhan O'Doherty running 2h 45min 05s in Paris today - for the 13th female over all. https://results.athlinks.com/ct/results/23772/lc/en

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

emerald007 wrote: »
    Interesting to see Siobhan O'Doherty running 2h 45min 05s in Paris today - for the 13th female over all. https://results.athlinks.com/ct/results/23772/lc/en

Yeah great run

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Toffeeboy

Warm day. Only real hill in last 10k as you come up from the Seine. Lots of water every 5k plus bananas. Always surrounded by other runners. Music bands every few k. Good atmosphere. (Not as good as Dublin) Medal and T-shirt ok.

Advertisement