Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ras lease up

Options
  • 02-11-2016 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all, would appreciate opinions here. My sdcc house ras lease is up since 1st sept. My current tenants have been in house for 8 years. Note that the ras lease has suited me well, I have had no issues, in fact I am happy to continue for another 4 years. With this in mind I contacted sdcc in Aug about renewing because obviously I now want rent review (I have had reviews during tenancy). Despite my contacts with sdcc approx every month I am still been told that she have to come out and inspect and then rent review and new contracts will be sorted. I have no doubt I will get the rent back dated to 1st sept. Should I just sit tight and wait? Rent is still been paid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi all, would appreciate opinions here. My sdcc house ras lease is up since 1st sept. My current tenants have been in house for 8 years. Note that the ras lease has suited me well, I have had no issues, in fact I am happy to continue for another 4 years. With this in mind I contacted sdcc in Aug about renewing because obviously I now want rent review (I have had reviews during tenancy). Despite my contacts with sdcc approx every month I am still been told that she have to come out and inspect and then rent review and new contracts will be sorted. I have no doubt I will get the rent back dated to 1st sept. Should I just sit tight and wait? Rent is still been paid
    Maybe if you issued notice to the tenants and tell them to get in touch with the council regarding a new RAS lease it might wake up the council, otherwise you are just on a part 4 right now and if it has been more than 2 years since your last rent reveiw you should give the tenants and council notice of an increase in the rent and just put the rent up from the date given in the notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Maybe if you issued notice to the tenants and tell them to get in touch with the council regarding a new RAS lease it might wake up the council, otherwise you are just on a part 4 right now and if it has been more than 2 years since your last rent reveiw you should give the tenants and council notice of an increase in the rent and just put the rent up from the date given in the notice.

Is frightening tenants with notice to quit really the way to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

my nquestion would be are the tenants renting from you or the council? If its from the coucil than the tenants really don't have anything to do with it and shouldn't get involved at all? Just my thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭indie warrior

I don't want to scare the tenants, I am landlord but they rent through the council, the council pay me direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

than I think you can only deal with the council.Contacting the tenants won't achieve anything...

• Advertisement
Advertisement