Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would like to check that we are out of contract please

Options
  • 02-11-2016 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Have been with Electric Ireand, and ESB before that ever since 1984. Didn't know you had to renew Contracts each year, so now I need to know what the situation is please. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi cathymcl2,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Just to clarify for you: registering an account with us does not require a contract.

Signing up to a savings offering is what requires a contract, and savings offerings have been available with Electric Ireland since 2011. If you registered for savings with Electric Ireland prior to 18th of May this year, a contract would have applied.

Since then however, there are no contracts for existing customers to avail of savings offerings - just new customers who switch to Electric Ireland (for 12 months).

If you would like us to check the account in question, do send us a private message confirming the Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and how your name appears on the account, as well as your address and date of birth.

We will be able to review ASAP.

Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭cathymcl2

That is ok, just thought that I was supposed to have a contract. Was worried that I might have a problem.  Thank you for explaining to me.

Hi again Cathy,

You're very welcome - we're happy to help.

If you are not currently availing of savings for direct debit/Online Billing/gas plus electricity, you can do so here and savings will remain on your account indefinitely thereafter. You will not be in a contract and savings will not expire.

If you have any further queries, do please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

Thanks Una, But ok as we are at the moment.  Although have had a funny coincidence. Couple of days after I contacted you through here. Not saying it is the cause or anything as I gave you no info.  But my husband had a call on his phone, and when he went to Answer it the call ended. The caller ID said it was Electric Ireland, now fortunately he has truecaller app on his phone, and this had blocked the call, stating it was scam.  Now have had the call come through twice more, but blocked. now it gives the number, which is same. Jut letting you know he is getting this. He was worried at first as he is on the proirty list as is on Oxygen 24/7 as was worried they were trying to tell him about a disconnection, but as nothing happened we realised it was a scam.

Hi again Cathy,

Thanks for your post.

If you are authorised on the account, could you private message any of us reps the Electric Ireland account number, name, address, date of birth and telephone number on the account?

If you are not authorised on the account, could you confirm the details that came up on your husband's phone, if you have them?

Many thanks,
    Una

________

• Advertisement

Have sent Private Message to you Una. thank you.:)

Well. Thank you telling me that number is a valid number..............rang customer service like you told me.  Long hold.......... used most of my credit. So waited for the next call, but was unable to get an answer. Anyway used my other mobile and rang the number to find out it financal services. Of which I take is COLD CALL................  So is Electric Ireland now cold calling?   I have been at my wits end this last week, now got health issues with husband and could do with out this crap. I have ask for, or should I say I demanded my number gets taken off this list. Never ever wanted money from you. If I get any more calls will see a solicitor

Hi Cathy,

Sorry to read of your unhappiness.

As this relates to a private message, I have sent you a PM also.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement