Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTL1_006

Options
  • 02-11-2016 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Just an enquiry to see when the cabinet CTL1_006 will be activated. Has been in place since may and all other cabinets in town and surrounding countryside areas have been activated but not this one.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

One2many wrote: »
    Just an enquiry to see when the cabinet CTL1_006 will be activated. Has been in place since may and all other cabinets in town and surrounding countryside areas have been activated but not this one.
    Cheers

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]One2many,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. Completion work is currently in progress on this cabinet and according to our latest NGA deployment plan we have estimated service should be ready to order from this cabinet in 3-6 months.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela  [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 17 One2many

While I thank you for the answer,  what's the commercial rationale to give fibre to isolated towns/areas around me(which are also on the 2020 ftth program) than to turn on a box that has been in place since may 2016 ? 

While I thank you for the answer,  what's the commercial rationale to give fibre to isolated towns/areas around me(which are also on the 2020 ftth program) than to turn on a box that has been in place since may 2016 ? 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid there is a lot more work involved than just turning on a box [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]One2many[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]fibre optic cables need laid alongside the existing copper cables and due to this time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Thanks for reply. I appreciate that and understand what might involve a delay but  Since may '16 box has been in place, power has been supplied  and cables were laid at an earlier date all at around the same time (within a month) as the other boxes in town which have been turned on .  Frustrating as timecales tend to slip. 

Thanks for reply. I appreciate that and understand what might involve a delay but  Since may '16 box has been in place, power has been supplied  and cables were laid at an earlier date all at around the same time (within a month) as the other boxes in town which have been turned on .  Frustrating as timecales tend to slip. 
    No problem  One2many, I can understand that. 

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Again thanks for the reply. 
    Just one final question. According to the Department of Communications Climate action and Environment websites High Speed Broadband 2016,  I am within the blue coloured area on its mapping where high speed broadband should be in place by end of 2016. Can openeir.ie provide an explanation as to why this is not going to happen. If so how do I go about obtaining this information? Many thanks

Again thanks for the reply. 
    Just one final question. According to the Department of Communications Climate action and Environment websites High Speed Broadband 2016,  I am within the blue coloured area on its mapping where high speed broadband should be in place by end of 2016. Can openeir.ie provide an explanation as to why this is not going to happen. If so how do I go about obtaining this information? Many thanks
    No problem  One2many, I'm afraid I can only comment of eir's rollout plan. 
    You can submit requests to openeir via this link openeir

Thanks,
    Pamela  

Any update on timescale since I posted 2 months ago?

Any update on timescale since I posted 2 months ago?
    I'm afraid not  One2many, we are awaiting a new NGA deployment plan & hopefully once this is released we will have better news for you.

-Pamela 

Any update on this 3/4 month old query? Has a new deployment plan been submitted? 

• Advertisement

Any update on this 3/4 month old query? Has a new deployment plan been submitted? 
    Yes it has  One2many.  The lead time is still forecasted at 3-6 months I'm afraid.

-Pamela 

Yes it has  One2many.  The lead time is still forecasted at 3-6 months I'm afraid.

-Pamela 
    Some plan that is! 
    Is maths a problem over in hq? 😵😕

-Pamela 
    Some plan that is! 
    Is maths a problem over in hq? 😵😕
    The lead time is a forecasted time  One2many & not guaranteed.

-Pamela 

In this case, pointless. 

In this case, pointless. 
    I'm very sorry I could not offer you better news at the minute One2many.

-Pamela 

4mnths into a 3-6mnths forecast, is it still 3-6mnths?im not very good at maths! ;)

Month 5.still no answer.aybe some movement now that eir have dipped the pocket of all of us via NBP eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi One2many,

I understand your frustration and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

So, no news then. Meanwhile I continue to pay the same as those on fibre while not receiving it, oh and I'll also be subsidising 1000mb Internet also.
    ðŸ‘

Sorry, you said you apologise for the inconvenience, but still didn't give a date of when this cabinet will be turned on. Its been 5months since I was told 3-6 months on a cabinet that has been in place and ready to go for 12months. just how incompetent is eir that they can't provide a date after this time frame?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Unfortunately, on our latest deployment plan, it is still showing 3-6 months estimated as well as on our rollout plan.

I do apologise we don't have an estimated date just yet.

Thanks,
    Anna.

Sorry, but 5mths into a 3-6mths estimate and you repeat its now showing 3-6mths,according to the rollout plan. What utter tosh. There appears to be no plan at all, save waiting for the taxpayer to bail eir out (again) via NBP. I'll repeat again, I'm paying the same as others who receive fibre, while I subsidise it on my legacy Internet. Is that good enough from eir?

I'm afraid we are unable to escalate this process for this area. 

I'm sorry you feel this way, unfortunately, at this time we would be unable to give you any better news.

In relation to your package, this reflects the usage you have agreed to for your broadband and is not in relation to your speeds.

I'm sorry we can't help you further with this from here.

Thanks,
    Anna.

Thank you for your quick responses. So if it's based on usage rather than speed, that means ftth is priced the same as legacy and ftth, If I get in the next decade(btw that's not a joke or sarcasm)? i guess that's me done here, guess it's onto 4g for at least over 8mb speed and not wait around for the cabinet 200mtrs away to be turned on.

I completely understand your frustration.

Again I do apologise.

Thanks,
    Anna.

Can eir confirm if this cabinet has been activated as reps called to door saying it will be on 17/5/17

This cabinet is currently showing 'completion work is in progress' and is still estimated at 3-6 months.

I'm very sorry I can't give you better news from here.

Thanks,
    Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
    This cabinet is currently showing 'completion work is in progress' and is still estimated at 3-6 months.

I'm very sorry I can't give you better news from here.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Interesting, I have always worried about the quality of information given here. I just confirmed fibre install from this cabinet on Wed 24th may.
    Many thanks

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will verify this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

fibre is connected to this cabinet now, 85mbs. Happy days. Won't be relying on any misinformation here anymore. It's not in any accurate and can frustrate people.

Advertisement