Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Autumn/Winter 2016-17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

From ME:

Tonight: Further outbreaks of rain, heaviest across the eastern half of the country, with the risk of thunder.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Was out a short time ago admiring the sunset as the cloud opened up and in flat calm conditions managed to spot a distant funnel ( camera phone only so a bit gritty ) No sferics showing up anywhere yet ( except for earlier today ), I saw over on Convective Weather that if there is it would be most likely be in the North of the country.

C5wiVoR.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

Things look to be pepping up across the midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Yeah Id say there be some fairly hefty flash flooding in places that have the train of heavy cells going through... a few strikes also already.
    396432.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭lolie

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Yeah Id say there be some fairly hefty flash flooding in places that have the train of heavy cells going through... a few strikes also already.
    396432.jpg

There's lighting in the North West from that now, seen few faint flashes from here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Cluster of strikes over the north Midlands. http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

5AcaxZt.jpg?1

That's some rain :eek:

6u9NQiW.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Clap of thunder here in north east Kilkenny, about 6/7 miles north east of the city.
    Knew it was thundery before the thunder as the satellite signal went.
    Rain rate was over 79mm/hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lightning in Letterkenny. Local dogs barking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met eireann 2125 update

Rain tonight heaviest in Leinster and Ulster with a risk of thunder. The rain will clear eastwards by morning with scattered showers following from the west. Mostly fresh southerly winds, but strong and gusty along the west coast. Lowest temperatures of 11 to 13 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmynippy

Hefty shower in Portarlington now with lightning every 2 or 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Think i just saw lightning here in Naas off to the West

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Looks like a nice cell building at Edenderry.

Dublin airport temperature up to 20c at 10pm too. Something to note. (It was 17c at 8pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mez1982

Edenderry getting some fairly frequent lightning and thunder with a very heavy shower of rain in the last 20 minutes. It seems to have tapered off a bit now so I think it's moving away.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Sure I saw a large flash in the very far distance from clonee. Looking at lightning radar there looks to be some out the n4 west direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Sure I saw a large flash in the very far distance from clonee. Looking at lightning radar there looks to be some out the n4 west direction.

Confirmed by another large flash!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Couple of flashes and rumbles in south Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

Really heavy rain and frequent thunder and lightning here in Delvin co Westmeath.

Really heavy rain and frequent thunder and lightning here in Delvin co Westmeath.

• Advertisement

Delvin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Thought I saw flashes to the west of Dublin. It is seriously warm outside, the breeze reminds me of the Canary Islands on a warm night!

Still firing away big time off the Northern coast

0lPM06D.png?1

Just after being some very heavy thundery rain here in the very south end of kildare, saw a flash and heard a rumble after the heaviest of the rain.

And another flash and rumble.

Meh, that it ? feck sake and I got up form watching telly for that ? lol.

Disappointing or what ? oh well.

Delvin

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

whats the chances of Dublin seen anything to night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bsal

chris2007 wrote: »
    whats the chances of Dublin seen anything to night

It's Dublin so slim to none :(

Advertisement