Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Autumn/Winter 2016-17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Bsal wrote: »
    It's Dublin so slim to none :(

I've been watching flashes towards Meath for the last half hour.
    D11

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Flash over dublin about 2-3 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Iancar29 wrote: »
    D11

does that mean the chances are good for dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Big fork lightning outside Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

D11

If I say slim to none I'm praying the opposite will happen :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

chris2007 wrote: »
    whats the chances of Dublin seen anything to night

Looks likse a band of heavy rain drifting over that way, will there still be energy in it ?

JvkCKOZ.png?1

nvlaQfm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Very warm and very quiet in west Dublin at the moment, bar some wind a while ago. It doesn't look like there will be much else weather-wise. I'm sure the rain, if any, for this neck of the woods would have hit by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

D11

ME radar suggest that the cloud is drifting eastwards. Wind has picked up somewhat too here in north county Dublin. I'd say on balance that we wont have storm unfortunately.

Ye lucky git, that's the heavy thundery rain that was here a while ago and brought 2 measly flashes and rumbles !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Dublin 15 Clonee had 2 to 3 flashes in last 5 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

There's been flashes the last half hour to the south west of kilcock, couldn't hear anything but two closer flashes directly south and nice boom...not really rumbling thunder..different type of lightening give different kinds of thunder? Sounds stupid I know

Copped something on the flighradar app. Incoming flights into Dublin are being routed over the north county and towards trim and onto a westerly approach to the airport. It looks like they are avoiding routing anything over the South county and Kildare. Perhaps that area could be in the firing line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Very warm and very quiet in west Dublin at the moment, bar some wind a while ago. It doesn't look like there will be much else weather-wise. I'm sure the rain, if any, for this neck of the woods would have hit by now.

Midnight... Looks good going by the radar. Hopefully get sparks too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Change of runway, however one flight went way out west to avoid, RYR36QD from BCN-DUB went out as far as Mullingar/ Longford to avoid cells/CB's to the east

Change of runway, however one flight went way out west to avoid, RYR36QD from BCN-DUB went out as far as Mullingar/ Longford to avoid cells/CB's to the east

Yep, my bad. Does look like a runway switch. I don't know whether they are going to 16 or 28 though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Lights went off here in East Cavan for a few seconds ...then quite a big rattle of thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Huge bang Newcastle Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

couple of flashes and a nice rumble of thunder in celbridge in the last few Mins.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Dublin 15 Clonee had 2 to 3 flashes in last 5 mins.

Im there too, thunder at 11.23

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Lightning for the last 2 hours to the West of my current location(Blessington) and now thunder and heavy rain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Lights went off here in East Cavan for a few seconds ...then quite a big rattle of thunder

Just now ...

Cs5htCT.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I just went outside to see if anything is happening and I saw a flash to the west almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Just heard thunder in Clondalkin. My sister in Naas just texted to say there was a big bang over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Distant flashes and low rumbles to the west of Lucan in last 2 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Yep plenty here in trim area at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Copped something on the flighradar app. Incoming flights into Dublin are being routed over the north county and towards trim and onto a westerly approach to the airport. It looks like they are avoiding routing anything over the South county and Kildare. Perhaps that area could be in the firing line?

Absolute nightmare for aircraft routing this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lightening and Thunder has arrived, North Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

Just now ...

Cs5htCT.jpg?1

That was a double flash that sent the detector into overload!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Just now ...

Gonna be a hell of a lot more than that ....bucketing rain with big flashes of lightening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Briefly lost power in Naas after a very dramatic double flash overhead .

Advertisement