Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyhoura MTB Trail closures

Options
  • 02-11-2016 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I was planning on heading there on Saturday, weather looks cold and dry. I heard that the two longest trails are closed because of work on the wind farm. I was really keen on the 50km route has anyone attempted it since closures?

regards
    EV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

El Vino wrote: »
    I was planning on heading there on Saturday, weather looks cold and dry. I heard that the two longest trails are closed because of work on the wind farm. I was really keen on the 50km route has anyone attempted it since closures?

regards
    EV

I haven't been up this year at all but there is a mtb Sportive up there Sunday and have a 48km route.

Tour de ballyhouras, there is a Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

The bigger loops are closed off with fencing and gates, you will be turned back by workers Monday to Saturday, on Sundays you may well be able to sneak around, but up by the wind farm works roadways etc are constantly changing. I regularly ride extended White loops which add up to about 45-55km, but to be honest you would need a very good local knowledge to add up all the various piste and off-piste bits to put it together.

Advertisement