If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV recommendations

Options
  • 02-11-2016 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm looking for some recommendations. My brother, my sister and I are planning on buying our mum a new TV for Christmas. She currently has an old 32" Samsung and would like to get her something bigger. The current inputs to the TV are a Televes free to air satellite box, an indoor antenna for picking up the Irish stations, and a DVD player. The odd time I would also have my Chromecast connected to it.

We are thinking something in the size of 42" - 50". Smart functions aren't needed, but would be a nice bonus. We were thinking of spending approximately 450 Euro. Can you recommend anything in this range?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

BDJW wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm looking for some recommendations. My brother, my sister and I are planning on buying our mum a new TV for Christmas. She currently has an old 32" Samsung and would like to get her something bigger. The current inputs to the TV are a Televes free to air satellite box, an indoor antenna for picking up the Irish stations, and a DVD player. The odd time I would also have my Chromecast connected to it.

We are thinking something in the size of 42" - 50". Smart functions aren't needed, but would be a nice bonus. We were thinking of spending approximately 450 Euro. Can you recommend anything in this range?

Thanks!
    hi BDJW.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

There are a few 40" screen around this price point.

Hisesne 40M3300 which is actually 4K and smart (Great value for money) priced at 399.99 Euro - Comes with our VIP 6 year guarantee.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202083-40m3300.aspx

Sony offer the 40WD653 priced at 439.00 Euro - Comes with our VIP 6 year guarantee.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201881-bravia-kdl40wd653.aspx

For a little bit extra there is the LG 43LH604 priced at 469.99 Euro - Comes with our VIP 6 year guarantee.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201910-43lh604v.aspx

Delivery is including within the above Euro pricing.

Let me know if any of the above would suit or if you have any questions drop me a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

Sorry to piggyback but I'm looking for something around the same range - is there much difference between the Sony and the LG?

spillcoe wrote: »
    Sorry to piggyback but I'm looking for something around the same range - is there much difference between the Sony and the LG?
    Hi Spillcoe.

There are a few differences between the two.

The Sony is 200Hz where as the LG only 100Hz.
    The LG has an extra HDMI input, having 3.
    Sony uses Andriod and the LG their own WEBOS 3.0 system.

Both are very good televisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Hi lads,

I will be looking to pull the trigger on this at the start of next week. From what I gather, this seems to fit my needs perfectly. Will this be available to order online again? 

Hi lads,

I will be looking to pull the trigger on this at the start of next week. From what I gather, this seems to fit my needs perfectly. Will this be available to order online again? 
    Hi BDJW,

I don't know if that television will be available to ship at the start of next week unfortunately. This is the Black Friday week and unfortunately a lot of our deals are in store only.
    If you check again at the weekend for the current shipping status.
    Many thanks
    David

• Advertisement

I'm not in a rush for the TV (it's going to be a Christmas present), I was only thinking of buying next week to get it out of the way. I will keep an eye out and check again next week

I'm not in a rush for the TV (it's going to be a Christmas present), I was only thinking of buying next week to get it out of the way. I will keep an eye out and check again next week
    No problem, I'll keep my eye out for you as well.

David

Thanks David, appreciate it

Hi lads,

Hi lads, looking to pull the trigger on this one. Is there any boards discounts at the moment :) (if you don't ask, you don't get!!)? What's the best way to order? Over the phone or via the website?

Hi lads,

Hi lads, looking to pull the trigger on this one. Is there any boards discounts at the moment :) (if you don't ask, you don't get!!)? What's the best way to order? Over the phone or via the website?
    Hey BDJW.

This can be order via the web site or we can do it via the phone if you drop me your contact number in a PM :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭machu

Hi Kenny
    I would be interested in this tv myself but I would have the added cost of purchasing a stand to go with it could you do me a deal on the pair.
    Pm if you wish thanks.

Hey BDJW.

This can be order via the web site or we can do it via the phone if you drop me your contact number in a PM :D

Thanks Kenny, I've just ordered it :)

Hey BDJW.

Thanks Kenny, I've just ordered it :)
    Excellent, any issues give us a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Hi Spillcoe.

Dont think it,s android on the 6 or 7 series Sony.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi jonnygee,

I understand the helpful information intention but please leave queries here for Richersounds to answer, this is not a discussion forum appropriate for offering your opinion or advice. A quick read of the Charter will explain all.

Thanks,

Ritz

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jonnygee wrote: »
    Hi Spillcoe.

Dont think it,s android on the 6 or 7 series Sony.
    Jonny,

thanks for that and you are dead right - android on Sony starts at 8 series :)

Thanks again - much appreciated..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.