Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling from Naas to Dublin - Route Idea's?

Options
  • 02-11-2016 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi just wondering does anyone commute from Naas to Dublin by bike ? Just looking for route ideas, and trying to avoid the N7 for obvious safety reasons.

All thoughts welcome !!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Lots of good advice in the other thread - if you're roughly trying to follow the n7 there's two options -
    • Naas-Sallins-Straffan-Celbridge-Newcastle-Clondalkin
    • Naas-Johnstown-Kill-Rathcoole-Saggart-Tallaght

The first route gives you some options to follow the canal for some of the route (some sections of the tow path are smooth, some very rough).

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Azza89

Cheers for the replies guys !! I'll check out the options sure. Dont know how I missed the other thread ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I've commuted up and down the N7 a good bit and never had an issue except for nicks in tyres and couple of punctures. It's by no means enjoyable but I wouldn't have said it was dangerous.

If anything cars pass closer on the back roads at higher speeds at least on the N7 you have a lane of sorts to yourself. The on off ramps can be a bit hairy at times but generally fine.

Advertisement