Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 920xt

Options
  • 02-11-2016 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Anyone selling a garmin 920xt new or second hand sure let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sbefort

JEmily wrote: »
    Anyone selling a garmin 920xt new or second hand sure let me know.

It's on sale at the moment on amazon and other websites. I saw it for 199$ so you should be able to get some good deal in Euro too for a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sbefort wrote: »
    It's on sale at the moment on amazon and other websites. I saw it for 199$ so you should be able to get some good deal in Euro too for a new one

Where did you see see one at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pat 36059

Sbefort wrote: »

Hi, The 920 XT for $199 on Amazon .com, Is the American version, If you check the Tab for Europe its $413 for Europe, Ie Correct GPS.... , However you will get the 910 xt for €138 ON EBAY.CO.UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sbefort

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Where did you see see one at that price?

I follow the dcrainmaker blog and he has a page with all the deals he can find on sport technology :

dcrainmaker.com/holidays2016

P.S. I can't post the full link as I am a new user if the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Pat 36059 wrote: »
    Hi, The 920 XT for $199 on Amazon .com, Is the American version, If you check the Tab for Europe its $413 for Europe, Ie Correct GPS.... , However you will get the 910 xt for €138 ON EBAY.CO.UK.

Correct GPS? :confused:

GPS is pretty universal right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

mloc123 wrote: »

yup, no difference between the gps on a us model and a european

the main difference that was highlighted at the release of these was that garmin stated if you bought a US version in europe garmin europe wouldn't honour the warranty. not sure if that is still the case, or even if i am remembering it right, but worth considering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I picked up a 920 with HR -run last week from Amazon UK for €340.00 shipped through parcel motel

Handtec have it for £260 but it doesn't include HR
    http://www.handtec.co.uk/garmin-forerunner-920xt-010-01174-11.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Check Millets.co.uk too, I picked up a fenix 3 with run hr there for around 310 euro delivered. Some good deals in the UK with the sterling the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Don't forget the Black Friday nonsense will be running till the end of this month.
    Might be worth holding off for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pat 36059

Just found this online , I hope it helps.....

What are the differences between the European, USA, and Australian/New Zealand versions?
    › Garmin fenix
    Adamsky
    London, United Kingdom
    Original question asked on Aug 3, 2012, 12:19pm
    We will be able to get hands on the Fenix after the USA launch. I am tempted to pre order from GPS City as have been very impressed with the service in the past. Garmin list 3 versions, North America, Europe and Australia / New Zealand. Can you tell me the differences, if any, between the three?

Jordan
    GPS City
    Reply #1 on Aug 3, 2012, 4:30pm
    The differences between the fenix Americas and other versions is the basemap that is preloaded to them. The North Americas version will have a basemap loaded to North America, while the other versions will have their respective regions loaded as the basemap.

Preroll
    NYC
    Reply #2 on Aug 7, 2012, 11:32am
    So if I buy a North American version and travel to Australia, it will only display a track log with no mapping correct? Guess there's no way to load other areas like auto units that have SD card access or is there a way to load other areas via USB (however, might not be enough memory to hold)? Maybe future models?!?!

Roxie
    GPS City
    Reply #3 on Aug 7, 2012, 3:16pm
    As the unit currently only offers 20MB of internal memory, and does not accept memory cards, adding maps for other areas is not going to be available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What are the differences between the European, USA, and Australian/New Zealand versions?
    › Garmin fenix
    Adamsky
    London, United Kingdom
    Original question asked on Aug 3, 2012, 12:19pm
    We will be able to get hands on the Fenix after the USA launch. I am tempted to pre order from GPS City as have been very impressed with the service in the past. Garmin list 3 versions, North America, Europe and Australia / New Zealand. Can you tell me the differences, if any, between the three?

Jordan
    GPS City
    Reply #1 on Aug 3, 2012, 4:30pm
    The differences between the fenix Americas and other versions is the basemap that is preloaded to them. The North Americas version will have a basemap loaded to North America, while the other versions will have their respective regions loaded as the basemap.

Preroll
    NYC
    Reply #2 on Aug 7, 2012, 11:32am
    So if I buy a North American version and travel to Australia, it will only display a track log with no mapping correct? Guess there's no way to load other areas like auto units that have SD card access or is there a way to load other areas via USB (however, might not be enough memory to hold)? Maybe future models?!?!

Roxie
    GPS City
    Reply #3 on Aug 7, 2012, 3:16pm
    As the unit currently only offers 20MB of internal memory, and does not accept memory cards, adding maps for other areas is not going to be available.

But 920xt doesn't have maps... it lets you create breadcrumb trails but does not have map data

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

But 920xt doesn't have maps... it lets you create breadcrumb trails but does not have map data

Base maps are something different

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Garmin fenix

the post you quoted is about the garmin fenix, which has basic maps with the locations of major cities and features.

the thread is about the 920, a different watch, which doesn't have those features, so the differences outlined don't apply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I bought my 910xt in the US and noticed no difference functionally
    I'd doubt the 920 would present any problems except for warranty as previously pointed out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

So after all the questions I decided to jump straight in and found a new one (not refurb) on amazon for $199. It arrived this morning shipped via family and just back from a quick run and surprise surprise GPS coordinates know no boundaries. :)

Happy out I think it worked out at €210 or something like that including P&P probably a bit more once I ship selection boxes etc back the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I panicked and hit the buy button on the $249 deal when the $199 was gone, so I now could tie all my heart rate straps together and could abseil down from the attic with them :rolleyes:

Family not coming over to the start of next month with it so I will shuffle dreaming my pace is sub 4 minute K

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Red_Open

catweazle wrote: »
    I panicked and hit the buy button on the $249 deal when the $199 was gone, so I now could tie all my heart rate straps together and could abseil down from the attic with them :rolleyes:

Family not coming over to the start of next month with it so I will shuffle dreaming my pace is sub 4 minute K

Well I grabbed the first one I saw and got it without the heart rate monitor so if you're looking to sell...

Advertisement