Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit, Security deposit and a student house

Options
  • 02-11-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm living in a student house with two friends. Our Electric Ireland account has only recently been set up as we had to see whose name would be used etc.

I've seen that if we agree to direct debit then the security deposit is not needed and won't be taken from the bank account. I looked at our bill online just now and it is 420€, and that includes a 300€ security deposit. I volunteered to put the bill in my name and also the direct debit as I was under the assumption that the security deposit won't be taken from my account. I have no problem with a direct debit, but can I please get confirmation that only 120€ will be billed from my account and not 420€, as if it is then I can't afford to pay my rent etc.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi TooMuchWork,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We can certainly look into this for you if you private message me the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating that you are the account-holder and how your name appears on the account, your address and date of birth.

We are finishing up on Boards and our other Social Media channels at 6pm but one of us will assist you tomorrow (your private message to me will be received by all reps).

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement