Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS 250 alarm going off for no reason

Options
  • 02-11-2016 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I have an Aritech CS250 which has been working fine but over the last couple of days the alarm is going off and the panel is indicating it has been set off in the Kitchen. I am satisfied that there is nothing moving in the room and have even made sure there are no balloons on top of the presses or anything like that. There is a wired sensor in the room. Is it common for them to give trouble and if I buy a replacement sensor can I just fit it without having to reprogram the system.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the zone that is activating a PIR (Motion Sensor) or a window /door sensor or contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is the zone that is activating a PIR (Motion Sensor) or a window /door sensor or contact?

I am happy enough it is sepcific to the kitchen as it is quite reliable. When it has gone off in the past and has identified which room it was triggered in I have been able to work out what has set it off in that particular room/area.
    There are no door or window sensors in the kitchen, just the wired movement sensor.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Check its all clean around it & inside it. (no spiders)

Advertisement