Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a decent thermometer please!

Options
  • 02-11-2016 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

We have a Braun Thermoscan 5 and it absolutely breaks my melt. It is so inaccurate! You have to leave it in the ear and take the temperature 5-6 times before you get a proper reading. Not very compatible with wriggly sick toddlers :eek: It's even worse in colder weather, it gives a 'lo' reading 2 or 3 times in a row before it heats up :rolleyes:

So, which is the best one to buy? I don't mind spending a bit once it works properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭appledrop

We have a boots own brand digitial one that takes the reading on your forehead. You just wave it over it 2 or 3 times. It is brillant one of our best buys. It gives you the reading + even a smiley or sad face if temperature is too high. Now like any of them you have to trust you instinct aswell but it is a good guide.We can even use it to check the temperature for the baby's bath water. Think it was about 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

appledrop wrote: »
    We have a boots own brand digitial one that takes the reading on your forehead. You just wave it over it 2 or 3 times. It is brillant one of our best buys. It gives you the reading + even a smiley or sad face if temperature is too high. Now like any of them you have to trust you instinct aswell but it is a good guide.We can even use it to check the temperature for the baby's bath water. Think it was about 50 euro.

We have the exact same one. Without doubt the best thing we bought for our baby. Very easy to use even in the middle of the night when I've s sick toddler and I'm half asleep! Highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

We have the exact same one. Without doubt the best thing we bought for our baby. Very easy to use even in the middle of the night when I've s sick toddler and I'm half asleep! Highly recommend

I have thermoscan too and since changing the battery it's not working properly, just keeps beeping like crazy. Cost 40-50 squids 2yrs ago. This is first batt change. Am I naive to expect more than 2 yrs?

Advertisement