Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Y5ii. Any good?

Options
  • 02-11-2016 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭

Carphone warehouse selling these for €99 apparently on different networks.
    Seems nicely finished, screen nice and bright.
    I have been caught with cheaper phones before where the battery starts out ok and then gets worse quickly, plus slowing down.
    Anyone know if the specs on it are any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,605 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bought one last week in carphone warehouse. Very happy so far

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Good stuff. Is it on 3mobile. The youngfella in the shop was a bit light on details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Quad core processor and 1GB of RAM, obviously not flagship spec but adequate for the non heavy user. Calls, WhatsApp etc, email and checking the odd webpage would be fine.

I had a Huawei Y550 a couple of years back, was cheapest 4G phone at the time. Similar enough spec. Was an alright phone.

pajor wrote: »
    Quad core processor and 1GB of RAM, obviously not flagship spec but adequate for the non heavy user. Calls, WhatsApp etc, email and checking the odd webpage would be fine.

I had a Huawei Y550 a couple of years back, was cheapest 4G phone at the time. Similar enough spec. Was an alright phone.

Eek. I have a galaxy core prime as a second phone, would this be lower spec?
    This is a present for herself.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Eek. I have a galaxy core prime as a second phone, would this be lower spec?
    This is a present for herself.

GSMArena is a treasure trove for this sort of stuff.
    http://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6716&idPhone2=8036

The Huawei would be marginally better. Even though it is Android 5, I would caution that the Huawei launcher that comes with it looks way different to most Android. All apps go in the home pages for example, no app drawer. This can be solved with something like Nova launcher of course.

• Advertisement

Good stuff. Is it on 3mobile. The youngfella in the shop was a bit light on details.
    Meteor, I have a very bad history with phones so didnt want to spend too much, does what I want it to do

That sounds good enough so!

Unless anyone has a better idea of a phone for the money

A good alternative could be the Vodafone Smart Prime 7. It's a bit more at €130. Similar enough specs, but it has Android 6 and a bigger battery than the Huawei.

Had to stick to 3mobile, but thanks for the advice.

Well, I gave her the phone yesterday, she's delighted with it. I'm using an iphone 6 and this one seems to have just as nice a screen, much bigger obviously, only real downside being the plastic screen which doesn't feel as nice as glass. Don't like the lack of a home button, but her old phone didn't have this either so she doesn't care. The camera is very good, there's a selfie flash and it takes the pictures really quickly.

Had to stick to 3mobile, but thanks for the advice.

Well, I gave her the phone yesterday, she's delighted with it. I'm using an iphone 6 and this one seems to have just as nice a screen, much bigger obviously, only real downside being the plastic screen which doesn't feel as nice as glass. Don't like the lack of a home button, but her old phone didn't have this either so she doesn't care. The camera is very good, there's a selfie flash and it takes the pictures really quickly.
    For some reason when I take a photo it doesnt go into the gallery, any idea why?

• Advertisement

Dunno. Hers does. Are you using an sd card? Is it saving on that?

Advertisement