Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK company will only accept uk credit cards ?

• 02-11-2016 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

I am trying to buy a phone from a uk company but they only seem to accept UK credit cards and wont accept an Irish credit card.

Has anyone come across this before? and is there any way around it?
    I was thinking that maybe there might be a virtual UK credit card available and that I could use this?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kala85 wrote: »
    I am trying to buy a phone from a uk company but they only seem to accept UK credit cards and wont accept an Irish credit card.

Has anyone come across this before? and is there any way around it?
    I was thinking that maybe there might be a virtual UK credit card available and that I could use this?

Did you try using Revolut? You could set a UK billing address in the Revolut app if that is the stumbling block.

Failing that, you could also try using Monese but it's more awkward as you have to verify your identity in the Monese app first before they issue the card in the post.

Advertisement