Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sources for one of the religion titles (J1) 2017

Options
  • 02-11-2016 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Heya dudes! New here. I joined to see if anyone was talking about the religion projects, and figured I should post my sources. It took quite a bit to find these!

The title I chose is
    J.1: A profile of a theologian’s perspective and a scientist’s perspective on the challenges posed by environmental issues today.

My religion teacher specified "choose one issue", while the title said "challenges" and "issues", so I found a theory which two guys use to talk about issues and challenges in their perspectives. I could be being way too pedantic, but I wanted to be safe.

As recommended by my teacher, the Scientist I've chosen is James Lovelock, and the theologian is Thomas Berry. I found they talk a lot about the Gaia hypothesis.James Lovelock actually created the theory and Thomas Berry has written tons about it. He attended two huge conferences James Lovelock held too! Both of them relate it to geocide and a lot of other issues. Super handy, isn't it?

I have 5 sources. I know we're supposed to have 4 or less, but I can't find one of the James Lovelock books and I figured his own website was a source.

Thomas Berry
    “The Great Work: Our Way into the Future"
    “The Gaia Theory: Its Religious Implications”

James Lovelock
    “Gaia: A Way of Knowing.” (There are tons of books with this title apparently, and I can't find his book. :( )
    “Gaia: A New Look at Life on Earth.”
    Jame's Lovelock's own website with essays and lectures and more! I'm new and not allowed to post links, but it's jameslovelock dot org

Good luck to everyone! :D I hope you all do well in the projects. Hopefully these help someone!

Advertisement