Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone Repair

Options
  • 02-11-2016 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey would anyone know a good Iphone repair place that doesn't exactly overprice you in Meath? The charging port on my phone has gone gammy and need to get it fix, just most of those places rip you off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

- bo - wrote: »

Had two dealings with them and didn't find them one bit friendly, the usual take it or leave it attitude. Hopefully that isn't a reflection of their work.

Also they are looking for staff, so could end up having the work done by someone on a trail

Try these
    http://smartspot.ie/stores

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

There's a repair shop just outside Tesco in Navan SC, used them before without any issues

There's a repair shop just outside Tesco in Navan SC, used them before without any issues

You must be the only one in the whole of Navan

Herself is from there and Ive heard all sorts of horror stories about it. Also seen firsthand her brother got iphone screen replaced with cheap plastic one that wouldn't work properly.

Tried to charge me €30 to unlock my phone(Huawei Ascend G7)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thanlon2704

I end up going to the Smartspot one, they were fairly nice and only charged me €38. They also said it be done in a day. My sister got her phone done with the people next to the Carphone warehouse and it took them a week and charged her €80 for the same problem I had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

jeffk wrote: »
    Had two dealings with them and didn't find them one bit friendly, the usual take it or leave it attitude. Hopefully that isn't a reflection of their work.

Surprised to hear that! I worked for a few years in one of the phone retailers in Navan and we sent most people over there and never had a problem.

Whoever you go with, I'd stay well clear of the place facing Tesco anyway. I'd say at least 90% of the repair horror stories we heard of from customers were to do with them.

- bo - wrote: »
    Surprised to hear that! I worked for a few years in one of the phone retailers in Navan and we sent most people over there and never had a problem.

Whoever you go with, I'd stay well clear of the place facing Tesco anyway. I'd say at least 90% of the repair horror stories we heard of from customers were to do with them.

I went in looking for a case, straight away don’t sell cases for them phones. It was a Huawei, not some random Chinese phone. Could’ve easily got me one in and made one or two euro.

Facebooked him about a phone battery e30, said can you not knock anything off it as I want to buy in a shop as I know its genuine and give local shop business. Can’t do that, they cost me e30 I’m not making on them

There’s all of a few euro difference in me recommending him here and people going to him and making more off them

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Geranium40

Yes, stay away from one opposite Tesco in Navan. I paid over €100 to replace screen on iphone 6 and have new tempered glass screen protector put on. the phone fell less than 3 feet a week later and the whole screen cracked, even with screen protector. When i went back, i was completely fobbed off. Would never use them again or recommend them to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

jeffk wrote: »
    You must be the only one in the whole of Navan

Herself is from there and Ive heard all sorts of horror stories about it. Also seen firsthand her brother got iphone screen replaced with cheap plastic one that wouldn't work properly.

Tried to charge me €30 to unlock my phone(Huawei Ascend G7)

I must have got them on a good day so! Admittedly it was to unlock an iPhone 5, I can't remember the price off hand though

Advertisement