Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miscarriage question

Options
  • 02-11-2016 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I had my first ultrasound 7-9-16 I was 8.5 weeks (I think). I had both abdominal and vaginal ultrasounds and the baby had no heartbeat. Endometrial thickness was 16.8mm. I had my ERPC (D&C)?? On the 14-9-16 lost a lot of blood during the procedure so was kept in overnight as a precaution as I've low iron levels anyways. Few days go by I've got a very bad fever, can't urinate without extreme pain etc.. Back to hospital another vaginal ultrasound showed retained product, so was admitted to hospital again and given cytotec (a tablet to pass anything left behind). Was scanned again the following morning some product was still there was told either repeat the ERPC (d&c) or take more cytotec. Endometrial thickness was 13.00mm. I Opted for the cytotec so was kept in overnight AGAIN, scanned again 2 days later and apparently the product was gone (different woman scanned me this time) endometrial thickness was 8.8mm this time. She just said I had some free fluid but that was ok. I've had a kidney infection (or UTI) since the procedure not sure what to think about that. Any opinions? Literally the second I got pregnant I had pain in my lower abdomen, my first period since has come along all these weeks later and a week before it I started getting pains which have continued I'm still getting these pains I'm wondering if it's something serious or something is wrong, I bled heavily for 3 days of my period then nothing now it's sporadic bleeding. Ugh help please any advice would be great. all my blood tests have been fine throughout, and I'm 20 years old. Thank u

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I know we can't give medical advice here, but all I can recommend is that if you still think there's something wrong, then go back again. Either to the hospital or your GP.
    Don't feel bad asking to be checked again, it's your body and you want it to be right if you decide to try to get pregnant again down the line.
    I'm sorry for your loss, and do look after yourself x

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yep, I agree - go back and get fully checked out if you are still having pains.

Advertisement