Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing school

Options
  • 03-11-2016 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    So let's get right into it. I'm currently in 5th year and i go to a school with about 200 students. It's clearly very small. It's only been around for a few years. I love the school to bits but I need change.
    There are only 20 others in my year. We grew really close in transition year and I have 3 very close friends. However, last summer, I only saw one of them on one occasion and I didn't see the other two at all..
    I live in the country and have most of my life. None of my primary school friends chose the same school as me. I basically have no friends outside of school and it's hard to make them.
    Anyway, I could go deeper into it but it'd sound like a sob story.
    I want to move school, like I said, I love the school, to bits but I need a bigger school with more people and more friends.
    I'm just wondering what I should say when asked why I'm moving. Should I lie or what?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are so many benefits of a small school. Look, in just one more year you will be in college with the option of thousands of friends, is it worth the upheaval?

Advertisement