Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manager won't give me time off for Christmas

Options
  • 03-11-2016 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Before i get started please dont give me the "you should be greatful you have a job"i am i just feel majorly disrespected ,So i started a job about 8 months ago just a retail job nothing major it's my third job anyway I'm full time and I break my back day in and day out for the shop the 2 managers always tell me I'm one of there hardest workers so I requested 2 days off around Christmas time to spend with the family who I only get to see at that time of the year and my manager just gives me a no doesn't even try offer a solution so I ask can he not find someone else to work Stephens day because that's the day i need the most he said he'll ask but it's 90 percent a no the reason im so annoyed is all the other staff take at least 5 days off a month no joke and he has no bother with that I've only ever asked for a weekend off so honestly I feel like just telling him if you can't give me the days off im going to leave spending time with my family means more to me then this job , anyone got any advice on what to do its a handy job I don't really want to leave but if that's how they treat there staff I dont want to be there anymore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Just work up until Christmas handing in notice in the run up and work out your notice, enjoy the Xmas and start afresh in the new year, plenty of work stirring again and it's time employers started looking after the good staff they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I have worked in management in a lot of retail over the years.

I have never found one organisation that allows holidays at the end of November and all through December. Its usually in your contract and they and perfectly entitled to do so. Christmas is the busiest time of the year for them afterall.

In your post you do not exactly come across as a great employee anyway to be honest, you sound quite young and immature. And for somebody that is there just 8 months you come across as sounding very entitled.

I would be careful how you handle the situation. You are most likely still in probation and you could be let go very easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    Don't double post your threads in the future; locking this one so you can continue in your PI thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement