Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM should go back to school

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I see what you are saying. But if you want to change the hardware/software/middleware to count cash before every transaction then you'll be rendering an ATM useless as your adding more time the time at the ATM.
    There are probably security implications as well.

Yes there are probably technical restrictions on the communication between pc and cassette.

I can't see a bunch of forum guys being that much smarter than the guys who engineered the thing. If they could have done it better I'm sure they would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Yes there are probably technical restrictions on the communication between pc and cassette.

I can't see a bunch of forum guys being that much smarter than the guys who engineered the thing. If they could have done it better I'm sure they would have.

Well I have worked on bank software especially the stuff that's gets your card payments from shops to banks etc.

Machine displays are simple user interfaces.

It's usability test, maybe there was no test for it or it was caught too late and not a high severity bug, a very minor bug.

Advertisement