Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Multichef not working

Options
  • 03-11-2016 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Hi. I purchased crofton multichef earlier this year 199.99 euros.
    It has just stopped working. It's Iike no power is getting to it. I have checked all the obvious things and power sources.
    I emailed Aldi yesterday telling them the problem and of course they just want to refer me to the manufacturer warranty.
    If I contact the manufacturers do I negate my consumer rights with the shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you do not negate your rights.

you can agree to try the manufacturer, in this case it may suit you, it may not. Aldi have a responsibility to you, to offer one of the 3'rs. Repair, replace, refund if the damage is not caused by misuse. You do not give up this right by chatting with the manufacturer,

however accepting a resolution from the manufacturer & surrendering the damaged item will affect you (obviously) if you should later change your mind.

The manufacturer will likely replace your item, and you can certainly follow through to see what they propose & make a decision at that stage. Note if you pursue the aldi solution, they will probably have to send your item off to the manufacturer for a report to see what the fault and cause of the fault is. Hence it may be quicker and easier to deal with manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

you do not negate your rights.

you can agree to try the manufacturer, in this case it may suit you, it may not. Aldi have a responsibility to you, to offer one of the 3'rs. Repair, replace, refund if the damage is not caused by misuse. You do not give up this right by chatting with the manufacturer,

however accepting a resolution from the manufacturer & surrendering the damaged item will affect you (obviously) if you should later change your mind.

The manufacturer will likely replace your item, and you can certainly follow through to see what they propose & make a decision at that stage. Note if you pursue the aldi solution, they will probably have to send your item off to the manufacturer for a report to see what the fault and cause of the fault is. Hence it may be quicker and easier to deal with manufacturer.

Thanks Xterminator, I really dislike the way Aldi try and fob me off, I think I would prefer if they deal with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Over the years, I have had to return a few items to Aldi.
    I have always been refunded or had item replaced without delay where appropriate.
    Would you not go back to the store where you bought it and talk to one of the staff/manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Likewise I have just gone back to the store and was refunded there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Aldi email customer care are in the UK; possibly Scotland from memory, and are not very good - and completely unaware that Ireland is in a different jurisdiction with its own laws. Shop are usually very good but it will be a refund; not a repair or replacement unless the item happens to be in stock that week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would call into the store tbh. It is easy to fob someone off on email. Not so easy when it is face to face!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Because Aldi sell items for a limited period, they cannot immediately offer a replacement if it's not on sale. This is why they often direct to the manufacturer who can repair.

However, your contract is with Aldi, and possibly the quickest way to resolve is to visit the store and speak to the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks for the advice. I will call to the store but the one I bought it from is an hours drive and the nearest to me is 35 minutes. I guess I should really bring it back to the same store I bright it from though?

I have bought a good few items in aldi over the years and occasionally they don't last and it's a bit of a FAFF to get them to sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have returned to the 'wrong' store multiple times*. Receipt needed. Wouldn't guarantee its always OK though.

*I don't buy that much stuff there in the first place let alone have it go faulty, but my parents buy bloody loads, and often use a store in Donegal. And I've the familial reputation for convincing shops to refund stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

loopymum wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I will call to the store but the one I bought it from is an hours drive and the nearest to me is 35 minutes. I guess I should really bring it back to the same store I bright it from though?

I have bought a good few items in aldi over the years and occasionally they don't last and it's a bit of a FAFF to get them to sort it out

No. It makes no difference which store you bought it from you can return to any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If you want it fixed, then dealing with manufacturer seems best bet with Aldi.

Advertisement