Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close accounts

Options
  • 03-11-2016 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good morning
    I would like to close 2 accounts
    The first one is a join account, the second one is the credit card account within the join account.
    I also want to remove my name from a loan account is that possible?
    How  can I do?
    Thanks
    Wendy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear you wish to close your accounts. If you wish, you can request to close your joint Current Account in your local BOI branch. Please bring valid Photo ID with you and your account details. Alternatively, you can send a written request signed by both account holders and post this to your account holding branch. You can find your branch postal address here

If you have any balance remaining in the account, please let us know what you would like to do with the funds. If you wish for the funds to be issued by bank draft, please let us know who you would like the draft to be made out to. If you wish for the funds to be transferred to another bank account, please include the details of the payee account (IBAN & BIC, account number, sort code and account name).

To close your Credit Card account, please call our Card Team on 1890 251 251 and a rep will be happy to help you. Reps are available 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm Saturday and 10am - 5pm Sunday. Please ensure that the balance is cleared in full before closing and that you cancel any subscriptions or direct debits that are set up on the card. The €30 Government Duty fee will need to be paid for the previous year upon closure of the account.

It would not be possible to remove your name from a loan account until the loan balance is cleared in full.

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement