Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How often is enough with a personal trainer?

• 03-11-2016 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all,

So after a bad injury and operation I am back training. Believe me when I say it's square one but I don't mind. Anyway I've started with a personal trainer, he's excellent and I'm happy with him. I see him once a week sometimes for half hour, sometimes for an hour.

My work has recently built a new gym and employees can use it whenever they want. It's small but has everything you need. I also do pilates once a week to help with my injury. Is the time I spend with pt enough or should I increase my sessions? My goals are regaining strength and general fitness.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Hi all,

So after a bad injury and operation I am back training. Believe me when I say it's square one but I don't mind. Anyway I've started with a personal trainer, he's excellent and I'm happy with him. I see him once a week sometimes for half hour, sometimes for an hour.

My work has recently built a new gym and employees can use it whenever they want. It's small but has everything you need. I also do pilates once a week to help with my injury. Is the time I spend with pt enough or should I increase my sessions? My goals are regaining strength and general fitness.
    outline what a typical session you do with the trainer consists of and in detail if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Transform wrote:
    outline what a typical session you do with the trainer consists of and in detail if you can

Well he has a programme around my injury which is back related. So for example last night I did some conditioning which was boxing and that was great. Also did three sets of three exercises as I only had a half hour. Split squats, weighted, lat pull downs and then arm and shoulder exercise that's like a press up but you hold the tension instead of an actual press up. If I have an hour I do more obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

As long as you are confident that you can safely continue the same sort of work without the trainer present I see no reason to not go as often as you can. If your only workouts are with the trainer once-per-week then I don't think you're going to see much progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Zillah wrote:
    As long as you are confident that you can safely continue the same sort of work without the trainer present I see no reason to not go as often as you can. If your only workouts are with the trainer once-per-week then I don't think you're going to see much progress.

What he does with me in a session I do in the gym as well as some cardio he has advised. So essentially I am training a few times a week just not always with him as well as pilates. Thanks for your reply :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

What he does with me in a session I do in the gym as well as some cardio he has advised. So essentially I am training a few times a week just not always with him as well as pilates. Thanks for your reply :-)
    the question you need to be asking is "are the sessions im doing both with and without my trainer leading me to a place where i can deadlift and squat safely and can now do push ups from the floor and pull ups" if its leading in that direction then onwards!

• Advertisement
Advertisement