Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler power switch

Options
  • 03-11-2016 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

The power switch beside my boiler is on but there is no light in the LED. The boiler is working. Is is a bulb? How do i replace it

Comments

I would imagine that it is a neon light you're looking at, if it's part of the fixed wiring in the house.
    Probably safest if you get an electrician to look at it.

I'll move this to electrical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

It is like this one. There is no light now but the boiler works OK

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It is like this one. There is no light now but the boiler works OK

It's just the red neon that's not working. If you're happy enough you can leave it - my cooker switch has been like that for years. It's just a tell tale to let you know that it's on.

If you'd prefer the light to be working then a new switch is the simplest solution. A 5 minute fix for any half decent electrician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

crosstownk wrote: »
    It's just the red neon that's not working. If you're happy enough you can leave it - my cooker switch has been like that for years. It's just a tell tale to let you know that it's on.

If you'd prefer the light to be working then a new switch is the simplest solution. A 5 minute fix for any half decent electrician.
    OK thanks

Advertisement