Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a gym near Tallaght please

• 03-11-2016 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭

I actually have a gym membership paid for by my job, right next to my job, and I use it 3 times a week and intend to keep it.

But over long weekends, or time off, or even just regular weekends - Id like the option of going to the gym and not driving miles to get there.

I used to be a member of Westpark but the prices have reached absolutely ridiculous levels - so its not a runner.

Im considering the Ben Dunne in Terenure, the Ben Dunne in Cherrywood (not close but a very quick trip on the M50) and Tallaght Leisure Centre. Im familiar with the 2 Ben Dunnes but not Tallaght Leisure Centre - anyone know what its like?

Id like access to a pool although its not mandatory.

I tend to use a lot of different stuff in a gym, cardio machines, resistance machines, free weights, functional equipment - but Im happy enough with a bare bones outfit so long as the basics (cardio and free weights) are covered. My hubby wants to join too - he needs things like a squat rack and barbell etc..

I guess the key is, it has to be convenient, and not cost astronomical sums of money!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Energie in Parkwest is pretty good and the prices are reasonable. The staff are super friendly and try their utmost to remember the names of regular members unlike the turnstyle type places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

You've also got Citywest Hotel just down the road. It's gotta pool... plenty of Tallaght heads in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Any idea how much memberships for either of the above are?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Motions2016

Hey I'm looking to start doing weights but would rather do it with someone, anyone keen on been a gym buddy in Sligo area?

Advertisement