Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some inspirational quotes

• 03-11-2016 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Every morning I read through some inspirational quotes deciding which one to use for the day ,If its ok with Dave the Mod I will post one each day here, feel free to post your own...

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together...”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

I cannot change the wind of life as it breezes past me, but I can adjust my sails accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

“It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities...”

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be...”

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts...”

“Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can...”

• Advertisement

Before every action ask yourself. Will this bring more monkeys on my back. Will the result of my action be a blessing or a heavy burden?"

“What could be worse than getting to the end of your life and realizing you hadn't lived it...”

"Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and repeat to yourself, the most comforting words of all; This, too, shall pass..."

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eamor

'Sobriety delivers what alcohol promises'

"Life is divided into three terms - that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present to live better in the future..."

• Advertisement

Failure is a success if we learn from it.

You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result..."

"People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it- walk..."

"Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly..."

"Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and repeat to yourself, the most comforting words of all; This, too, shall pass..."

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald. I think of this quote a lot in relation to my sobriety.

No matter what your going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things.

“I made up my mind not to care so much about the destination, and simply enjoy the journey...”

"I certainly don't regret my experiences because without them, I couldn't imagine who or where I would be today. Life is an amazing gift to those who have overcome great obstacles, and attitude is everything!"

"Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere..."

• Advertisement

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning..."

Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it..."

We are all different and special, so we do not attempt to become like someone else, but connect more deeply with our true self's.

"We choose to go on...not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win..."

"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need..."

"A child learns to walk and falls down 50 times. He never thinks to himself, “maybe this isn’t for me?”...

Yesterday is a canceled check: Forget it. Tomorrow is a promissory note: Don't count on it. Today is ready cash: Use it!..."

"Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life."

"Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever..."

• Advertisement

"All of us, at certain moments of our lives, need to take advice and to receive help from other people."

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

The possible ranks higher than the actual."

My recovery must come first, so that everything and everyone I love in life doesn't have to come last.

''Ive lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened''..

"Accept who you were. Know who you are. Believe in who you can be..."

• Advertisement

"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit..."

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

We are all different & special, So we do not attempt to become like somebody else but connect deeply wit our true self's.

"My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades".

I don't have all the answers, no one does. I'm just pointing out what worked for me and others who I've talked to. A possibility of relapse is in everyones future, but I choose to believe that my want to stay sober will overpower any want or need to drink.

• Advertisement

Surrendering control is always about the surrendering of our ego, the very thing that got us into problems in the first place.

"Experience the unknown. The thing with new experiences is that it turns either good or bad. *You have a good one? That’s great! Had a bad one? You will end up learning from it and at the end improve yourself as a person..."

"Everyone has a demon. It's what you do with it that matters..."

Time and space - time to be alone, space to move about - these may well become the great scarcities of tomorrow."

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny..."

"If you’re chasing your dream, you’re not running fast enough, run faster..."

Where sense fails us , reason must step in.

"The most worth-while thing is to try to put happiness into the lives of others.

If you can't do great big things, do great little things.

"I like whiskey. I always did, and that is why I never drink it..."

• Advertisement
Advertisement